Raleigh Castorama team replica

smoggy

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

First post here, long time admirer of classic road bikes.

I have a Raleigh Castorama Team Replica built in 1988, specs are -

Reynolds 653 frame
Campag Chorus groupset with C-Record RD
Mavic GP4 rims
Cinelli bars and stem

Condition is good, not immaculate. I'm looking to sell or trade in but have no idea what it is worth?

Any estimates on what I could reasonable expect? Anyone here interested?

I am in Australia so obviously freight costs would need to be factored in.

Cheers

Leigh

You need to put a fixed price on it,or the thread will be locked.there is also a “whats it worth thread.so maybe ask in there :D

You need to put a fixed price on it,or the thread will be locked.there is also a “whats it worth thread.so maybe ask in there :D

I stupidly parted with my Castorama a year ago - got I think £230 for the frame, and it was in great condition.

Personally, I doubt you will get £650 for the bike, mainly because it will cost another £100 to get it to the UK. You never know there may be someone out there desperate for one.

If I was in Oz, and I wasn't a short arse, I would be tempted!!

I'm resurrecting this thread as I still have this bike and am again looking to sell. I was a bit reluctant before as I was hoping to ride it again but it's just gathering dust and I could use the funds to go towards a new bike.

I imagine I was asking too much last time, so I'm now offering it for A$600. With current exchange rates I reckon that's around 325 quid. Obviously cost of postage will need to be factored in.

Cheers

Leigh

Back