Ti raleigh saddle options

Chuck moo

Retro Guru
I have just got a Ti Raleigh and it has a plastic brooks on at the moment. I want to put a period saddle on and i don't know where to start. I use a charge spoon on my modern bike and I am comfy with this. Turbo, concor, brooks, milremo, rolls I am not sure, I want comfort and to a degree I am weight conscience. What do you recommend?

If it is for riding, whatever suits your posterior best! All my bikes have either Turbomatics II, III or IV saddles. Not because they suit the time period or the look of the bike, just because to me they seem supremely comfortable.

Hi
It's a 1982 ti raleigh competition. I have just been looking at turbomatic too. I don't suppose you remember what the spec should be on one of those too? I am finding it are to find any catalogue references or specs, I have found a couple pictures of other people's but no solid reference to original spec.
Cheers John

I am referring to the bike spec not the saddle

A bit after my time :D

The Plastic Brookes made it onto a lot of bikes at the end of the 70's as OEM kit, not because it was any good just that Brooks / Ti / Raleigh / Sturmey Archer / those little cans of oil were all owned by the same company......

Best of luck with your search.

Shaun

the ti bike had a black concor saddle on it, if i remember correctly. as far as components, i'm sure that they were nuovo record, cinelli bars and 1a stem, rims were mavic gp4..

...oh and they had a nice sedis gold chain too!

:cool:

I have a mix, small flange record on GP4, modolo brake set, super record rear mech, campag front, 600 chainset, Cinelli bars and stem. I have a record chainset and campag brakes set to go on, and I think that will be it. Apart from the saddle, I will get a concor and give it a try. I know I didn't get on with the turbo saddle in the early 90s it was too round on the top, not flat enough.

Back