Retro modern Zaskar

Fantastic, looks brilliant, It's almost the perfect combo of retro looks and modern parts, I especially like the decals, they really work well with everything else on the bike.

Thanks guys!

yea painted it metalic silver to mimic the ball barnished zaskars but also bout 1/4 the price quoted for ball barnishing.

when I had sids on it I was looking at getting them painted in judy yellow but ended up getting the fox. might consider it when it comes to a big service, have seen fox forks in yellow, they look great and would give it that 95 team look.

when I first had the idea of doing a wolf in sheeps clothing (retro look but modern) was looking at doing it with either a yeti arc (2008 frame painted up as a 94) or a late model cannondale with head shock (95 volvo cannondale job) but went with the Zaskar.

Been a fun build and its a great bike to ride.

Wow, well done. I like your thinking on this. My bikes retro themed (half by accident - half on purpose) with a hard hitting style, but this will take the sting out and work too but at first looks has that cool retro feel. Nicely done. I've been looking at old and new GT frames, and really shouldnt introduce another bike but you've nailed that. Brilliant. the original paint looks cheap and horrid!

I'm still pondering 29ers at 6ft 2 but no space or need right now so it can wait! :D What didnt work for you?

I used to have one of those Zaskar Races before I snapped it :shock:
I replaced it with a '95 Zaskar Team but am thinking I will repaint it. I do a fair bit of custom painting, however I was wanting to remove the V-brake bosses and don't have experience of that sort of thing. How did you get rid of yours?

reanimation":3lqh1e2b said:
What didnt work for you?

29er will be great for some riders, for me I found the bigger wheels too slow and un-lively in tight singletrack and the geometry of the entire bike was based around fitting the bigger wheels in. The whole 29er thing is full of debate and people can get pretty worked up about it in both the 29 and 26 camps but for me going back to 26 after 4 years on 29 was about the ride and function not just a die hard 26 inch purist thing ;)

GWDesigns":3lqh1e2b said:
I was wanting to remove the V-brake bosses and don't have experience of that sort of thing. How did you get rid of yours?

I was lucky to have a pro do mine. The guy's who painted it also do frame repairs so when I told them I was going to run discs they offered to shave them off for that clean look.

http://www.gripsport.com.au/[/quote]

Back