1990 Lava Dome

X1 shifters

There's some shifters on eBay the item number is 121051550394,the persons spot on i've had some nos X1 cantilevers and shifters of him before for my lavadome.

Spanky22b":o5atv3r9 said:
Really nice lavadome,did you get it from Newcastle i seen it on eBay a while ago.

I think the guy in in Newcastle, yeah it was on ebay but I was out when bidding ended, contacted the seller and who still had it for sale :D

Spanky, cheers for the heads up on those shifter. Off out for a ride in the snow now.....

I can't see a set of black HS11/22s being a bad thing, even a set of HS33s come to that. Can never have too much brakes!

Looks awesome with the big boots on it! Sensible too as I imagine it damps a fair bit of the rough stuff.

lovely early Kona. I think it would deserve some skinwall tires and then be close to perfection.

Best

Moritz

mauricer":1eyw85nd said:
lovely early Kona. I think it would deserve some skinwall tires and then be close to perfection.

Best

Moritz

That's what I expected everyone to say, but I'm loving the rugged all-black look :cool:

mauricer":6kjoctgd said:

Best

Moritz

I chucked the blackwalls on there as they were the only tyres in the shed of that size, and was really pleased at how good they look on it. Not that bothered about 100% originality, although the orignal groupset and wheels are what made me pull the trigger on it., I wanted something on there that would, like shogun said, damp out the rougher stuff, we have a hell of a lot of rocks poking through the trails here and you get a lot of pinch punctures but also quite a bit of gravel and roots so if you are too high on the p.s.i. the front washes out.
I'd love to go a bit bigger to get a kind of fatbike look going but the 2.5 catches the rear mech and the 2.35 only just squeaks in.

Hey Spanky, have you got any links to your Konas ?

I seem to be devolping an addiction, there are other makes out there but there's something about Kona.....

Once the addiction starts m8 you've had it :) I like all the early konas from 1988/89 to 1993.I'm in 2'minds at the min though,do i collect all the splatter paint ones i only need 3 more or i'm thinking about selling the 1988/89 splatter paint Cindercone and 1990 splatter paint lavadome to fund finding the 1990,1991 & 1993 explosifs so I've a complete collection of explosifs,decisions decisions :) the only pictures of my konas are what's in my gallery at the min,i'm going to sort out some better ones sometime this week.

Spanky22b":2xql0qu2 said:
I'm in 2'minds at the min though,do i collect all the splatter paint ones i only need 3 more or i'm thinking about selling the 1988/89 splatter paint Cindercone and 1990 splatter paint lavadome to fund finding the 1990,1991 & 1993 explosifs so I've a complete collection of explosifs,decisions decisions :)

Ooo could I have first refusal if you do ?

B77":qc0dyfy8 said:
Spanky22b":qc0dyfy8 said:
I'm in 2'minds at the min though,do i collect all the splatter paint ones i only need 3 more or i'm thinking about selling the 1988/89 splatter paint Cindercone and 1990 splatter paint lavadome to fund finding the 1990,1991 & 1993 explosifs so I've a complete collection of explosifs,decisions decisions :)

Ooo could I have first refusal if you do ?

The addictions started :)

Back