Fond memories of childhood

Another one of mine was when I was 12 going on 13, my sisters friend gave me a leather bomber jacket and I was sooo chuffed I wore it all the time for a week then the git insisted I gave it back to him I was gutted. I asked my mum if I could have one for my birthday to which she replied that she had not approved of me having the bomber so there was no way she would buy me one. Come my birthday I opened one present to find a proper bikers leather, made my year, good old mum :D

Alison

I can also remember me and my best mate pretending to be stunt men and hanging one handed off the railings of a road bridge. Going back there now gives me a shudder as its about 10 metre high down to a road passing underneath.[/quote]

Crazy :LOL: the shudder bit made me laff!

The chime of the Ice cream van... hot summer nights... 'hedge hopping'... cycling to the river Bollin for a swim... alone in my mates shed with a young lady... Jumpers for goal posts... chips from the chippy on friday night... being kept awake by the dancing school next door playing 42nd st for the 200th time... going to South Wales in the Bedford Dormobile... still having mum around... rock pooling... adidas trainers... Brook jumping... playing madness singles in the front room... brown cords from Wythenshawe market... hanging around the Arndale... hours and hours watching aircraft at manchester airport... my dads bad jokes... having the love of my family...

al.

Bpool77 said:
I can also remember me and my best mate pretending to be stunt men and hanging one handed off the railings of a road bridge. Going back there now gives me a shudder as its about 10 metre high down to a road passing underneath.

Crazy :LOL: the shudder bit made me laff![/quote]

If I get chance I will pop past the bridge and take a photo. I will have to bribe/pay a young un to do the same so we have some scale to the height lol.

Bpool77 said:
Crazy :LOL: the shudder bit made me laff!

If I get chance I will pop past the bridge and take a photo. I will have to bribe/pay a young un to do the same so we have some scale to the height lol.

Amongst other things:

The old Science & Industry Museum in Birmingham city centre on Newhall Street - free admission so always a good cheap day out for the school hols!

Dad & I cycling over to the huge depot/yard complex at Bescot near Walsall to go loco spotting on Sunday afternoons. I think this is probably what got me into starting to take cycling seriously.

I kick-started my scientific career (and never looked back) courtesy of a Thomas Salter chemistry set or two, Mum very kindly letting me use the kitchen worktop as a "lab". I was very good about cleaning up the resultant mess....oh, and with Dad being a scientist too, I was able to get replacement supplies for free!

Did any other RBers take their childhood holidays on the North Wales coast, specifically the bit between Porthmadog and Barmouth? I used to be fascinated by the Blue Lion Bakery at Harlech, where you could watch the doughnuts being made whilst you waited!

David

al":2emoo4sq said:
The chime of the Ice cream van... hot summer nights... 'hedge hopping'... cycling to the river Bollin for a swim... alone in my mates shed with a young lady... Jumpers for goal posts... chips from the chippy on friday night... being kept awake by the dancing school next door playing 42nd st for the 200th time... going to South Wales in the Bedford Dormobile... still having mum around... rock pooling... adidas trainers... Brook jumping... playing madness singles in the front room... brown cords from Wythenshawe market... hanging around the Arndale... hours and hours watching aircraft at manchester airport... my dads bad jokes... having the love of my family...

al.

Wow!! I think you must have had a very lovely childhood. My mum told us that when the ice cream van chimed it meant it was empty, before we were old enough to figure out the truth she moved us to where ice cream vans never went :D We also had a similar Bedford which ended up as a chicken house.

Alison

Isaac_AG":1i45txwp said:
al":1i45txwp said:

al.

Wow!! I think you must have had a very lovely childhood. My mum told us that when the ice cream van chimed it meant it was empty, before we were old enough to figure out the truth she moved us to where ice cream vans never went :D We also had a similar Bedford which ended up as a chicken house.

Alison

;)

al.

al":1fl9uzc1 said:
Isaac_AG":1fl9uzc1 said:
al":1fl9uzc1 said:

al.

Alison

;)

al.

We did live in a lovely big house right next to the river trent with only two other houses for company.

Alison

Back