Going Orange

shinobi":3eirb87d said:
feetabix":3eirb87d said:
its essentially a later clockwork......a classy english retro frame......enjoy! :D
Im probably being dumb here but is it a p7 or a clockwork ? or are they the same ?
Cheers Paul
By this time, the Clockwork had been renamed the C16R. There was a 1997 P7 in that colour, so if the paint is original I would say it is a P7, not a C16R.

Anthony":30bq935f said:
shinobi":30bq935f said:
feetabix":30bq935f said:
its essentially a later clockwork......a classy english retro frame......enjoy! :D
Im probably being dumb here but is it a p7 or a clockwork ? or are they the same ?
Cheers Paul
By this time, the Clockwork had been renamed the C16R. There was a 1997 P7 in that colour, so if the paint is original I would say it is a P7, not a C16R.
The plot thickens :LOL: i think the paint is original unless its had a full bare metal paint job as the frame number has been ground off and there is no sign of any other paint etc there .
cheers paul

**update ***

Ok finally had an hour or two to strip and clean the orange , bit of a list though :roll:
hardly anything matches ! avid vs on the back some horrible unknown things on the front , the lh crank arm is an sr sakae one not an stx rc one , rims are 521 and 317 , lx 8 speed shifters , alivio front mech , late altus rear mech , .
It also turns out to be 1 1/8 headset not inch as i first thought so im guessing its closer to a 98 model ,going to be a re think on the forks too , i have a NOS set of 92 tb p2s that i was going to fit but will probably try and swop those for some period suspension forks .
The biggest bummer turns out to be the mech hanger ,not only bent but thread stripped too , im guessing this is why the almost new mech !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

guess i wont get bored :LOL:

the frame number on the bottom of the bb will confirm age..can you post the full number?

sylus said:
the frame number on the bottom of the bb will confirm age..can you post the full number?[/quote
Ah that was my first " suprise " its been ground off :roll: it had obviously been in that barn for a long time looking at the layer of dust on it ! still thats the gamble you take on EBAY for £48.89 i guess .

We_are_Stevo":1mp28yh6 said:
You can easily hammer the hanger back into line, then fit one of these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/I-D-drop-out- ... 19d6185e60

...job done :cool:

Im planning to helicoil the hole first then go from there , i think its 10 x 1mm ?i remember straightening a couple BITD with a couple of adjustable spanners so we shall see :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
highlandsflyer":2zhg81ct said:
"Selling for a friend"

Number ground off?

I would be looking to get my money back.
i guess that would have been an option in hindsight , but tbh alarm bells didnt ring at all , i collected it in person from a very well spoken middle aged lady from her dog training and bording kennel in an expensive rural area , you could tell it had stood there for a long time by the dust and cobwebs etc all over it so who knows its past .

Back