Tommasini tecnoextra

sante pollastri

Dirt Disciple
this is my 1999 tommasini tecnoextra,columbus nemo tubing,shimano 25th groupset except for the cranks,replaced with dura ace 177,5 lenght.
with a bell shaped over sized main tube(41mm diameter),and also top tube and chainstays bell shaped,this is a real super stiff bike.

Attachments

• irio4.jpg
    irio4.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 1,605
  • irio1.jpg
    irio1.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 1,605
  • irio3.jpg
    irio3.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,603
  • irio2.jpg
    irio2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,604
  • irio5.jpg
    irio5.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,604
I wouldn't normally go for colour-matched bar tape and rims, but that is stunning... Love the details on the frame.

Rich34":3ok2ucnh said:
I wouldn't normally go for colour-matched bar tape and rims, but that is stunning... Love the details on the frame.

many thanks,you are right this bike looks better with black wheels,but ambrosio rims with dura ace hubs ride very good.

Sir, you have some simply wonderful bikes.

Along with all of the others, this one is stunning.

I'm really liking your bike collection, I can't think of anything better to spend money on! looks like you are in Italy too, so you have the weather too! I'm waiting for the spring when I can ride without a major cleaning job. How do you decide which bike to ride?

As mentioned already, you have some great bikes.

I'm looking to get myself a new steel bike for my 40th and have been trying to decide between the Tommasini Tecno and the Master X lite. I'm also seriously tempted by the Casati Laser but think I'm gonna stick with a lugged design. There are very few reviews of the Tommasini available from the research I've done so far, so as an owner of both the Master and Tecno how would you rate each model in terms of ride quality and handling etc?

Many thanks

Re:

Lemond75":2bu935pt said:
As mentioned already, you have some great bikes.

I'm looking to get myself a new steel bike for my 40th and have been trying to decide between the Tommasini Tecno and the Master X lite. I'm also seriously tempted by the Casati Laser but think I'm gonna stick with a lugged design. There are very few reviews of the Tommasini available from the research I've done so far, so as an owner of both the Master and Tecno how would you rate each model in terms of ride quality and handling etc?

Many thanks

first of all excuse me for the delate in answer to your question.
I've never owned a lugged Tommasini,mine is a TIG one,except for the seat lug,so I cn't say which one is better than the other.
I only can say that I'm completely satisfied by my master,and I feel to suggest you to buy a new master.
there is also another model of Tommasini lugged frame,the Sintesi,in Columbus neuron....a rare beuty...

Back