Hilary Stone

I wonder if it's worth someone sending him a link for this discussion to show him just how many unhappy customers he has in a key market that are unhappy and perhaps it might be the kick in the pants he needs before he loses a lot of business?

A couple questions then regarding a hypothetical purchase.

A seller indicates an item is available and sets a posted price.
A potential buyer PMs seller expressing an interest to purchase pending pics.
Pics provided.
Buyer confirms interest to purchase.
Paypal info exchanged.
Payment made and buyer notifies/PMs seller of same.
Seller acknowledges receipt of payment.
Seller posts item.
Seller notifies/PMs buyer of post.
Buyer receives the item.

In this transaction, what is the maximum acceptable amount of time between payment made and item posted, and between payment made and item received?

Lastly, most which sell request and prefer a PayPal gift, which puts the buyer at a disadvantage and little recourse if they don't receive to goods. Since this process runs on trust, and is easily abused, what do most members herein do?

My sense is that the seller should typically post the item within 7 days or so. Most of us work and sometimes work schedules only allow us to post on the weekend. Holidays might strech it out to 10 days or so.

Thoughts?

I've been waiting 6 months or more now for a refund.

I bought some mavic ma2 rims.

He sent me some different, poor condition ma2 rims, clearly not the ones advertised, different labels for a start.

I sent them back requesting a refund.

Still waiting, though I've kind of given up.

I won't be buying from him again.

gdb2b":20ay4qzy said:
Lastly, most which sell request and prefer a PayPal gift

Thats just silly. Since its the buyer who chooses the gift option or not the seller doesnt get a look in. People choose PPG coz they are willing to take the risk over paying a little extra.

Has anyone ever chosen normal paypal and not PPG and had the seller reject it?

As with all of these threads it seems a mix bag of peoples experiences.

I have to say I have had several dealings with him. All the transactions have been good to date.

To the OP surely you noticed something was array earlier than seven weeks :?

I usually allow three before contacting the seller/shop and then take PP action for non/non satisfactory response.

gdb2b":22lt7nia said:
Lastly, most which sell request and prefer a PayPal gift?

I bought from Hilary when he dealt solely on LFGSS, and also from his site, and both times I used Paypal (non-gift) for payments.
Ultimately, he is well thought of on LFGSS, but does have lapses.
There is however no reason for the delays in returning funds/sending correct items.
Lets not mention PP gift again, pay the right way, and you get 45 days to sort any issues.

FWIW I have bought some bits from Hilary and there were no issues with product or timescales.

Personally, I use the option to pay PayPal fees when purchasing from anyone I don't know well. It's not much extra and whilst I have yet to use the refund service I prefer to have the peace of mind, that's what its there for.

I had never heard this name until this thread so if someone can post me his company email or even more his contact details I am happy to contact him to point out how many people would appreciate his input

As i say, thanks to Hilary

8373104964_c050d84141_c.jpg

Back