Official recommended or not paint-shop thread.

Updated :D

Might split the lists in to area's now we've got a few but this will depend on if I can ever be bothered to do it :LOL:

I would steer clear of Colourtech. Thankfully they weren't doing any painting on my ti frame, or were they, as it came back to me with clear lacquer dripped over it and numerous scratches and scrapes. It only went in to have a bottle boss replaced and they botched this too - simply smacking the old one through, filling the down tube with foam to hide their dastardly deed, then fitting the new boss. The frame went back to them to remedy this shockingly shoddy work, it came back with more scratches and even more foam, yet still the lumps of boss were not even held in place and clanged like a bell when you shook the frame. When I contacted them again to voice my displeasure, I was asked what I wanted them to do about it. When answering, the proper job discussed before you began, they hung up (I say they, I think it was a guy called Dave) and didn't answer the phone after that.

They couldn't even hide a botch job properly, would you trust them to do a proper job? There are a few people who haven't had the best paint work from them either - hopefully they might chip in on this thread and can add weight to the fact they aren't much cop and should be avoided.

Had my frame acid dipped by C.J Powder coatings in Grimsby. Only cost £10.

Brought it up a treat!

Attachments

• stripped.jpg
    stripped.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 659
Possibly a little different criteria than you were after but...

Jawel Paints on the Cannock Road in Wolverhampton do offer a very good service. I took a frame into them on a Saturday lunchtime. They properly matched the colour, mixed the paint and put it into a rattle can for me by lunch time on Monday. The tin was labled up with the RAL code for future reference.

All for £12. I have used them in the past and the colour was a very good match despite a bit of sun fading.

http://www.jawel.co.uk/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Back