Impromptu Rides & Chat Thread

Bit early for me to get over there, thinking of doing a little 25>30 miles on towpath from Rodley down through Leeds and off out the Aire n Calder towards Methley tomorrow , if anyones interested in joining me (Marc) let me know but it won't be such and early start and it'll be easy going .
Matthew

Hope you have a good day Matthew, looks like the weather may be about to get interesting ;)

Hornsea rail trail for me today with my mate, 26.2 miles done according to strava, was wet cold and very very muddy, i think i came home more splattered than last week at ravenscar/whitby!

Was really good fun though, legs ache a little now but im loving being back in the saddle regularly :D

Oh and just for a laugh, ill leave this here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZP_D1I-YUI

I nearly came a cropper on the way home though, wheelieing through bransholme, lost efficiency in my rear brake due to mud and crap on my rim, went over and couldnt brake enough, caught it and ended up on my feet :shock:

Trebz":25bpxnom said:
Hope you break your neck next time.

Bl00dy kids.

Ooof, thats a touch harsh isnt it dude :oops:

evening all. just popped back from mikef350's house and there's soon to be some nice metal making an appearance, hopefully for the ride on Sunday.

he has almost built my lts and his is finished. his looks better than mine, I need to break up all the bare alloy.

in other news I think a few of the scunny lads are trying to make sundsy.

in other other news, pickles old rts has been tweaked a little, look forward to riding it when the mud dries out a bit. I also have some ambitious plans if I can find a good first generation rts 1 too...

also have a giant cadex built bar cables and a chain. supposed to be my winter bike. probably ready for summer.

I only have 1 singlespeed at the min too, need to resolve that.

ooh, I have got a road bike now too. I am thinking come spring having a ride to Scarborough if anyone fancies it?

Went out to enjoy the snow last night. We set off about 10pm and headed north to Beverley, with a slight distraction from the bike track in Cottingham Playing Fields.

We were out for about 3 hours and it was one of the most fun rides I've ever been on. Unfortunately, Jamie lugged his camera along only to find the batteries were flat again, so save for a couple of mysterious dark iPhone photos (before that went flat too) there isn't much in the way of evidence.

[edit] A few pictures:

106835D3-CE84-4ED3-8967-934056B77918.JPG

BEB17444-A58B-47A1-9AD4-94C92934F13F.JPG

CA5CB94E-075E-495E-9A48-57CDA3B95EDF.JPG

B4DBC908-F3D0-498F-8CDA-01E60055792E.JPG

Back