My road bikes, a collection of Italian steel

Jokke A

Dirt Disciple
Greetings from Finland. As a new member, I thought I'd post some of the nicer bikes I've had pleasure to own. Along these, I've had some steel & aluminum track bikes, touring bikes, single speed conversions, mountain bikes & so on.

5287432613_a5a14dc7b7_z.jpg

My first real road bike. Columbus SL Rossin frame with Campagnolo Nuovo Record groupset. Used to see some action in the national and county levels under its former owners. A really lovely bike with some nice pantographed parts.

6803271767_bf93cb9a0c_z.jpg

Rossin got me into these Italian bikes, I stumbled upon this Colnago Mexico. A kind of "Finland Edition", older frame painted and put together by a bike shop near Tampere. A really nice bike in near mint condition.

Unfortunately I had to sell these beuties due to moving to another town. I have to say I do miss having this sight in the corner of my apartment.

6022943562_6398026d09_z.jpg

6362992987_128ed7fd69_z.jpg

By then I had started riding fixed gear for my daily cycling. I wanted a nicer fixed gear bike for shorter rides around my new surroundings. I found this NOS track frame from a Dutch internet site and built it with some Campagnolo Record road parts along with other random bits & pieces. This by the way had the first wheel I ever built. The seller called the bike Montalbetti, which seems to be an Italian bike shop, I have no idea about who made the bike.

6133544142_059028bfe8_z.jpg

Then on to something a bit more modern. A Titanium Raleigh Special Products road bike with full Shimano Ultegra groupset. To my understanding one of the last models built by Raleigh in Nottingham. This bike was built around the turn of the millenium, -99 I think. Never got the riding position just right, so frustrated I sold this to a friend.

6184874659_40c55bd29d_z.jpg

Around the same time I had this small Bianchi. Got this from a customer at work who bought a brand new Bianchi frame. Not ridden by me obivously, this actually ended back to to its former. A mid range model with frame of Columbus tubing built with Campagnolo 980 gears and some Modolo parts.

8236741963_117654fde1_z.jpg

We're closing to present time. At late 2012 I found this nice Somec cyclocross of eBay. Annoingly the frame turned out to be too small for me. A real nice bike with 1x8 Campagnolo Record gears & Shimano cantilever brakes.

8181870136_d543b0d68b_z.jpg

A fixed gear conversion for a change. Rossin frame, Columbus Aelle I believe, repainted in the brightest yellow imaginable. Mostly ordinary fixed gear parts, some harlequin bar tape and oh, the driveside is on the left.

8093382807_f129305d6b_z.jpg

I briefly had this Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, groupset was a mixture of Shimano 600, Ultegra and Campy Chorus (I think...). Oh, and then one of the nicest bikes I've ever seen, a Rossin time trial bike with a 650c front wheel, *click* for a proper picture. Campangolo Super Record parts (with a 50th anniversary rear derailleur), except for some Sachs New Success brakes. The bike's for sale 'cos I'm feeling a bit guilty for not having time to ride it and I'm having some issues with storage space. I haven't been too active with selling it because... well, it's a pretty nice bike.

I have more pictures of these and some of my other bikes in my Flickr and Pedalroom accounts for the interested. Please ask if you are interested in more detail shots or information of any of the bikes.

Recently my rides have gained length and the pace has been slower, I've moved from track bikes back in to road bikes & done some touring. I have gotten into conclusion that my perfect bike has a frame made of steel (I prefer Columbus), drop bars and STI-levers.

lewisfoto":3k4fj8py said:
Great collection, although I am a little lost, which ones do you still have?

I still have the yellow fixed gear Rossin and the time trial Rossin.

Like the picture of the bike in your room with the tools on the carpet. Very "American Flyers"!

Have decided my own modest collection NEEDS a Rossin. :cool:

Lovely series of bike you have owned.

Can you elaborate on the fixed Rossin: why was it built with the drivetrain on the left?

Back