Banksy, Murals, Graffiti, Bollards, Stairwells Hull 13/01/13

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi all

Well, another nice ride taking in some of the sites and smells of Hull. Chrisv40 and I started at Hessle foreshore and completed a 20 mile urban ride. Pictures are shown below. I have to admit that I am becoming quite drawn towards these impromptu urban rides. They fill a nice little gap for me as they not only get the legs and lungs burning but also server to refresh ones memory of local history, old stomping ground and the odd pie shop menu.

My newly built Proflex 454 performed very well, the suspension needs a service which I knew of but apart from that it was very responsive, comfy and worked beautiful in an Urban environment, I'll be taking it off road soon to give it another good test. This bike was going to be another 'Ride It And Let It Go' job but now, after riding it, I think it's a keeper.

Previous Hull Urban ride thread shown here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=226133

Places to note today were:

Hessle Foreshore
Pickering Park
Peter Pan Park
Hull Docklands
Hull Marina
Hull 'Old Town'
Historic Graveyard
Old railway embankments (See Chris for details)
Hessle Square
Hessle Cycle Speedway Club

Pictures as usual:

GEDC1949.jpg

GEDC1951.jpg

GEDC1952.jpg

GEDC1955.jpg

GEDC1957.jpg

GEDC1966.jpg

GEDC1965.jpg

GEDC1964.jpg

GEDC1967.jpg

GEDC1971.jpg

GEDC1973.jpg

GEDC1974.jpg

GEDC1982.jpg

GEDC1985.jpg

GEDC1984.jpg

GEDC1978.jpg

GEDC1986.jpg

GEDC1990.jpg

GEDC1991.jpg

And the only mechanical issue we had all day, which I only found when I got home !

GEDC1994.jpg

good pics them, some are where me and a few mates used to go jumping on whatever bike we had at the time, made a rear wheel go egg shaped once, good old sturmey archer :LOL:

Back