notsofast

Old School Hero
Hi

A mate of mine is looking for a Carlton Ten

If you have one for sale or know of one then please let me know

Any condition is of interest

Many Thanks

Mike

I've got one, albeit in 'well used' condition!

I currently (well, until last year) run it as a single speed rough stuff kind of bike. About 12 years ago (I was young and didn't know about teh retro!) I filed off the cable stops. Very neatly, FWIW.

The photo is one I took just now, in a garage that's missing two fluorescent tubes (am ordering tonight!).

It's 22" c to c.

I'm kind of amazed by your post and my having the bike... I mean, I know it's a site for retro bike enthusiasts, but still!

http://www.grassmoon.com/IMG_3368.JPG
http://www.grassmoon.com/IMG_3369.JPG

Hi Makrie,

Thanks for the reply, so is it for sale at the moment?

If so I'll send the pic links to him

Many Thanks

Mike

p.s. this is what he had "back in the day"

Attachments

• cartonten.jpg
    cartonten.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 645
Midlife":xcrdc1aq said:
.....and you filed off the pump pegs :)

Shaun

:oops: Does it make it better if I say the frame was in a sorry way when I got it?

notsofast":xcrdc1aq said:
Hi Makrie,

Thanks for the reply, so is it for sale at the moment?

If so I'll send the pic links to him

Many Thanks

Mike

p.s. this is what he had "back in the day"

Yes it is for sale and I'm sure we can work something out - assuming he feels he can do something with the base frame!. And I guess it looked that way too, once upon a time :(

Obviously happy to take more pictures.

My preference would be to sell it with bars, stem, brakes, headset and seatpost. Bars and stem are *I think* original and are in good condition. Brakes are 80s long drop calipers which means it can take a 700c wheel. Headset is a nice silver one that fits and seatpost is a Dura Ace something.

I have a range of bike contemporary wheels that may suit as well

Cheers

Mark.

notsofast":3esremag said:
Hi Makrie,

Where abouts are you?

Any idea how much you want for it?

Cheers

Mike

Hey. I'm on Oxfordshire, Didcot ish. As for how much, I really don't know. Will ponder and let you know on Saturday? Equally, drop me a pm or a note here and say what you think, I'm open to it!

Back