A first time for everything.....

bagpuss

rBotM Winner
Out on a short ride today.Car pulls out in front of me .{nothing new there}.
Alert driver to my presence:He stands on his brakes....missed me.
I ride on {another near miss :shock: }
I pull up at the next lights.Tap on my shoulder from behind , driver from said car, standing there saying how sorry he was for the close call. :idea: :!: :eek: :eek: .

Agreed, in the instant shock of such an event it's really easy to forget that the other party mostly did not do this deliberatly

Being a cyclist and motorcyclist I do feel since the invention of sat nav and mobiles the death/incident rate against two wheel riders has dramatically increased and have always felt that before someone gets a car licence they should have to get a scooter/bike licence

from experience the spacial awareness you learn on two wheels I absolutely feel assured,makes you a better driver of 4 wheels

of course it will never happen but it is a fix, an easy one and can only save lives

sylus":19w90mpo said:
Being a cyclist and motorcyclist I do feel since the invention of sat nav and mobiles the death/incident rate against two wheel riders has dramatically increased and have always felt that before someone gets a car licence they should have to get a scooter/bike licence

from experience the spacial awareness you learn on two wheels I absolutely feel assured,makes you a better driver of 4 wheels

of course it will never happen but it is a fix, an easy one and can only save lives

I couldn't agree more on both points.

Back