Hilary Stone

cce":23u99gq1 said:
Hilary's not shifty as such, just crashingly disorganised, bordering on incompetent.

That was my feeling when I posted in this thread a year and a half ago, seems he may have stepped up a gear to taking peoples money and ignoring them though.

cce":1dsa4zpx said:
NeilM":1dsa4zpx said:
cce":1dsa4zpx said:
Hilary's not shifty as such, just crashingly disorganised, bordering on incompetent.

Not really the best sort of person to have an on-line business then.

I've never had any dealing with the man, but I do like some of the stuff on his web site.

He's relatively local for us. Pick ups are the best bet

So I gather. I can get to either location easily.

Whether it's possible to get in touch is, from what I can gather, another matter entirely.

Can we keep the threats of physical retribution off the forum please.

If anyone has any trading problems that have not been resolved between those involved, then you need to contact the moderators.

I appreciate that this is an old thread that has been bumped.

drystonepaul":303ugxd2 said:
Can we keep the threats of physical retribution off the forum please.

If anyone has any trading problems that have not been resolved between those involved, then you need to contact the moderators.

I appreciate that this is an old thread that has been bumped.

1. Kneecapping... clearly a joke.

2. What exactly is it that one would expect a retrobike moderator to do about a purchase from a random, unaffiliated on-line trader?

Bought stuff from Hilary 4 or 5 times over the last half-dozen years or so. Got everything quickly and with no issues. And I live on the other side of the world in Australia. So YMMV I guess.

I'd definitely buy from him again.

Kevinwulf":w0oyvoor said:
Bought stuff from Hilary 4 or 5 times over the last half-dozen years or so. Got everything quickly and with no issues. And I live on the other side of the world in Australia. So YMMV I guess.

I'd definitely buy from him again.

I have transacted with him 3 times and am also in OZ. No problems here. Maybe he puts his efforts into the OS transactions?.....

I've bought from him lots of times in the past with no problems at all :? funnily enough though I did try and buy a rear mech off him about a month ago and didn't get a reply at all, so maybe he's having some sort of problems :?:

Back