MacRetro chat and rides thread

I've never camped by bicycle before and admit the thought of lugging tent and gear doesn't appeal that much :?

However - I do have a Grot-Ex Bivvy Bag and am prepared to use it :D

IM001297.jpg

Approx 3,000ft on South Clunie Ridge a few years ago :D

Could be tempted by one of these 2 day treks...........

ZZ started from Nethy Bridge, through abernethy forest, onto the ryan pass then down to Glenmore for some cullen skink!

then cycle path to Aviemore for a pint then back via road/cycle path to Nethy.

earlier this year me an the missus also walked up the nearby munro, Bynack More (turn off path just after ryovan bothy which is probably cycleable upto about 150m from summit which would be a worthy detour on bike.

Mr Panda":2y0gzpwf said:
I've never camped by bicycle before and admit the thought of lugging tent and gear doesn't appeal that much :?

However - I do have a Grot-Ex Bivvy Bag and am prepared to use it :D

IM001297.jpg

Approx 3,000ft on South Clunie Ridge a few years ago :D

Could be tempted by one of these 2 day treks...........

nice weener Mr P, looks salty.

I am looking at Arran for my first overnight mini adventure- I can bike to the ferry hop over the water and I fancy glen rosa cycle up as high as poss before giving the tent a trial and mibee push up to the top next day before a mess about on the trails we did with the arran mt bike boys, fish and chips and ferry home. Will look at the weather in the next few weekends....

keithyr":2lzdkp6i said:
ZZ started from Nethy Bridge, through abernethy forest, onto the ryan pass then down to Glenmore for some cullen skink!

then cycle path to Aviemore for a pint then back via road/cycle path to Nethy.

Quite a nice route that. You can also finish by coming back over the Sluggan Pass. Comes through Badaguish and out on the road a few miles from Nethy Bridge.

Usually do that route the opposite way starting with the Sluggan, then round Rorhiemurcus, finishing with Ryvoan Pass. Gives a nice downhill back to the car.

All this Aviemore chat is making me consider expanding my 24hr challenge limitations. Still do a few of them but chuck in a couple of solo epics during the year.

clockworkgazz":m58vyvd3 said:
I am looking at Arran for my first overnight mini adventure- I can bike to the ferry hop over the water and I fancy glen rosa cycle up as high as poss before giving the tent a trial and mibee push up to the top next day before a mess about on the trails we did with the arran mt bike boys, fish and chips and ferry home. Will look at the weather in the next few weekends....
Solo effort Gary, or is there room in the tent for one of your lads?

Prob could fit in a wee person but initially looking at solo as they generally come as a pair of wee dudes these days and that could be a bit of a squeeze!

Back