Baby's come home!!!!! - 1994 Kona Kilauea

nice when it works out like that mate. :cool:

prestige suffers those fine worms under the paint. quite common. i dare say it will be solid underneath but, a re-do will put your mind at rest. gil has decals for these i'm sure. you have done several alterations during your ownership from new so, keep it up! :cool:.

great news.

Great Story,

congratulation to your old rig! Keep it original if possible and ride it!

Cheers
Dan

Nice story mate, i guess its like having an old pal back.

I always look out for my 89 Tufftrax that was stolen way back in 1991 :facepalm: crying now.

Re: Baby's come home!!!!!

'm happy for you mate ...but it needs a little affection.
I would first taping all labels and make everything clean. Then with minimal polishing work you can give the bike a titanium look. ;)

Thanks for the kind words.

Threw some wheels on it. Looks a lot happier now!

null_zps97956381.jpg

Great story Rob :)

I'd keep the original paint unless it's really bad just remove all the old decals & get a new set from Gil.

Then ride the wheels off it at all your old trails :cool:

nice story :cool: done the same with my explosif 10 years ago and get it back 2 years after sold it to a mate.

here a pic of mine in 17' such a frame, I'm really in love with it since a bought it in 97. as a tell to rojo a couple of day, is the frame I'll never sell.

have found a matching fork years ago but have to get it back to his owner :cry:

Having had a look at the parts I think the mechs/chainset/shifters are fine, as well as the headset. I want to put V-brakes on it so need a V-brake dog collar - check my wanted ad.

I think I may rub down the frame to get rid of the rust and do a quick touch-up job, adding a full set of decals. I may respray it down the line at some point but I'll see if I can cope with it as it is. Everytime I go and look at it it keeps shouting at me -"love me!" so I really want to respray it but want to hold off as I don't want to regret it and I want to know I made the right decision.

Well done Rob...good job you didn't buy mine last year (even though it was in better condition ;) )

Use a rough sponge (cleaning) and some vinegar, will eat up the rust easy as pie and then just touch up the bare metal.

Nice story this. Another who would love their first bike back (mine stolen so never going to happen :cry: )

Back