LBS in Brighton/Hove

SantaHul

Retro Guru
I've just moved to Hove. Anybody know a decent place for me to use?

Also interested in a place that would do frame work, I'm suffering from a dented top tube.

Steve xxx

Hi mate.

Rayment Cycles in Preston Circus (opposite the great duke of york cinema) theyve been my lbs since 1987.

SantaHul":251fxiqz said:
I've just moved to Hove. Anybody know a decent place for me to use?

Also interested in a place that would do frame work, I'm suffering from a dented top tube.

Steve xxx

Got my Cannondale from Rayments :)
as far as frame repairs go .. not to sure about that round here, but you could try "Chickens frame empourium" they work from a packing container in brighton (cant remember exact location :oops: ) just google it for contact details, im sure if they cant do it they could point you in the right direction ;)

Mick :)

Prestige Cycles in George St, Hove.
Baker Street Bikes, London Road Brighton
Rayment Cycles as above.

There are a few others, one on Portland Road, Blatchington Road, Sydney Street (Brighton) and a few more that don't immediately spring to mind / names I can't remember.

Welcome to the Sussex.

+1 for Reyment. Sound advice, good mechanics & they actually ride bikes.

Prestige cycles good too, Nice new DeKerf anyone?

another one for Rayments :) certainly know their stuff. although i dont use them often, the times i have they've always been polite and knowledgable.

don't bother with Syndey street bikes, i've tried them a few times and they come across like they dont really care about you or your bike much....

i would also recommend G-Whizz for odds and spares. plus he's a genuinely nice chap (Gordon). he's tucked away off Western Road - Brunswick street east.

http://www.g-whizzcycles.co.uk/

has had some nice bikes (more in the shop than on his website).

Not that impressed by Rayment I'm afraid. Got served first of all by a kid who didn't seem to know much (which didn't really bother me tbh, everybody's got to start somewhere). It was explained to me that they couldn't do the work that weekend as they were busy and I couldn't leave the bike there and pick it up next weekend as they don't have the room to hang on to bikes for that amount of time, which isn't really much use to somebody who works Mon-Fri 9-5:30. They suggested getting a friend to drop it off but I've only just moved here and as far as I know everybody I've met so far works the same hours as me. Regrettably I had to tell them I'd go elsewhere. My old LBS in Derby would hang on to bikes for up to two weeks no worries :?

To be fair they were polite and friendly, just not much use to me (I wish they'd told me over the phone when I called up in advance though).

Still not the end of the world, it was just some mudguards that needed cutting a little to fit my frame. I'll just try one of the other shops you nice people have recommended :)

Update: Used Baker street bikes but they seemed a bit cowboyish. Friendly enough and good communication though, not that bad.

Went to Chickens Frame Emporium tonight and was very impressed. One guy operation, genuinely seemed to really care about what he was doing. Said £30 to repair two dents and do a bit of careful drilling. Looking over his other frames I think I might get him to do the whole frame for me as this would be much easier and cheaper than going up to London and getting Armourtex to do it for about £70 more dosh. Even said he could sort out some decals for me.

I'll get some photos up if I go with him.

Back