Hilary Stone

Certain members might have skills in the "art" of getting him noticed by customs officials. Nothing like a cavity search in a cold detainment cell to get one's attention.

Rampage":3bh3r43a said:
I feel bad when I haven't posted within three days :oops:

me too so i will sent notification as to when i expect to post.

that is why you should buy stuff from me .............. except for the small problkem that I don't have much retro stuff to sell or can't be bothered with the hassle of replying to question, packing, posting etc for little financial gain other than getting more space or helping others out.

That's one of the main reasons I'm not listing anything on here or eBay; at the moment I don't even have the time to take photo's let alone list/reply/package/post...

...got some decent kit I need to shift but wouldn't want to inconvenience anyone by not being able to keep abreast of it all :?

Some time ago i posted picks on the retro road section of a frame that came my way, i know nothing about road bikes at all... but i could see that this frame was a bit "special" several members came to my aid with information about it :) i then recived a pm from a member warning me to be very careful if certain people contacted me with view to buy this frame off me Mr stones name was top of the list .... now i must also say that he didnt contact me, nor have i ever had any dealings with him in buying or selling parts, but i think it say alot when someone that you have never met or had any contact with pm"s you to warn you of someone !!
i also think that if your giong to run a business then "pissing" of you customers is probably not the best way to go about it !
just my view for what its worth

Mick

If items genuinely go missing in the post, which very very rarely they can do, then the sender can claim unto £46 back if sent normal post, this can be applied for only after 21 working days which is the PO time scale to expect an item to arrive, maximum time of course. More insurance can be bought at time of sending, i.e. Special Delivery, etc.
Just saying I sent it, end of in effect, is not acceptable, as a seller you have to take responsibility and take it up with the PO, get the money back and refund the buyer, it's all part of the process. If the seller is not prepared to do this, than that's the time to question what is going on here?

I have been here before, on both sides.

Hilary's not shifty as such, just crashingly disorganised, bordering on incompetent.

It seems like I dodged a bullet then, a he never replied to my purchase request a year ago.

cce":3a3z9cr1 said:
Hilary's not shifty as such, just crashingly disorganised, bordering on incompetent.

Not really the best sort of person to have an on-line business then.

I've never had any dealing with the man, but I do like some of the stuff on his web site.

NeilM":xubje2pp said:
cce":xubje2pp said:

Not really the best sort of person to have an on-line business then.

I've never had any dealing with the man, but I do like some of the stuff on his web site.

He's relatively local for us. Pick ups are the best bet

Back