On another note at 19 what was your bike of choice

was my newly bought DiamondBack Apex, great thing...had to think, I was still 19 when I got that...for the year or so leading up I dreamed of a Kestrel EMS 200

s&m holmes and hoffman flash, was bmx racing then but still desired a pace rc200, now gotta pace and a flash :D

1991 Orange Clockwork. Still have it, although it's in bits, and retired. Though given David Bowie has just come out of retirement I reckon a comeback might be on the cards at some point...

:LOL: I have to agree - a pensioner in a t-shirt? Never been a Bowie fan. Not likely to become one now.

Raleigh Criterium road bike. I resisted the mtb for a long time, too much fluro lycra for my liking.

A GT of some discription and an Aero Reflex BMX.

al.

A Holdsworth Corsair:

http://www.magazineclassifieds.co.u..._50717ff9ad89e1ba991331baaed618c9.dsc02346jpg

Mine had the alloy Light Action SIS gear levers though, with the little rubber things on the ends. Later went clipless and swapped the cheapo Shimano kit for an all-Italian Miche/Campag mix before upgrading to a 531c Raleigh. The Holdsworth was a 24" frame and a bit big for me, with hindsight.

Edit: that was my actual bike (I also had a Raleigh 501 thing with the aero profile tubes that I used to commute to university on), but had a never-fulfilled pipe dream of owning a Vitus frame, especially after I saw them hanging up in Tony Butterworth's near the footie ground in Hillsborough - the anodised finish looked super-cool! Although after sampling a Futural CX frame close-up at the BUSA 'cross championship back in 2002, glad I didn't. "Flexy" didn't begin to cover it....

David

Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative 531 racing bike that I bought as a frame and built up myself. Black, light and handsome looking bike.

Had it for a couple of years and put in a lot of miles on it. Then I left it in my bosses warehouse for a few weeks as I went on a long holiday. Got back to discover he's been declared bankrupt and the VAT men had emptied the warehouse and sold everything at auction, including my bike.

I loved that bike. And as he was bankrupt he couldn't even give me any compensation as he'd lost everything including his house.

Back