Cycling Books - which one?

Daj, I noticed that book on Amazon, are you saying it is good?

I hope this thread is not jumping on the book thread mentioned previously.

If anyone has not read the Wiggo book, it is a good read, i hope to encourage my family to read it - and they are all bored with me and my incessant bike talk!!! I think if i said nothing about bikes, they would try it immediately but they think bikes are boring and that is putting them off.

I read a lot - and i mean A LOT - i think i have maybe 50 boxes of books in our attic, and i can remember most of them, Jason Bourne - LOL, that was so long ago; Jack Reacher - ditto!; books are best every time. I like fictional books, spy, military, police stuff - hioliday readers etc

My favourite books are very odd, pm me for details, and there are not many but i am impressed by the Wiggo book, it is well written and tells a story - three nights to finish it and i should have been sleeping two of them!!

I have had a few beers tonight and discussed vatious forums with someone on pm, and RB is the best by such a long way!!!!!!!!!

Stay safe RBers!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. i got am iPod for my birthday and i think i will start posting about music once i work out how it works - you have been warned - especially anyone who like Rick Astley!!!!LOL

gavr":3ecfocym said:
The Death of Marco Pantani

Slaying the Badger

Flying Scotsman

What's Slaying The Badger like?

I've read the Pantani book, very sad, he was an extremely troubled soul.

yes the Pantani book is very sad. Another book that's clear about the doping

Slaying the badger is a great read - I imagine more interesting to those like me who remember the race and the characters.

gavr":1tlcoqqh said:
Another book that's clear about the doping

Yes, if Armstrong had a highly organised doping system, then it would seem he took his 'business model' from the Italians.

A Race For Madmen is a good read if you are interested in the history of the TdF. All the way from the start of it up to recent times.

I have just realised that this thread would have been better pre-Christmas and pre-my birthday!!!! I will take a selection from here an add it to my Amazon wish list - thanks all.

Of course, more selections are welcome.

Reading the Victoria Pendleton book at the moment. I'm aiming to finish it so I can sell it on at the Manchester Bike Jumble on Sunday (plug).

It's a good read although I doubt British Cycling will think that.

Back