Yates 853

Me too, but it shortly has to go, as it's just not being ridden and it is too good a bike to gather dust... which is why it came to me in the first place.

look ok to me but if you don't like purple it is goingto grate on ya.

you need an offset seatpost - it really bugs me when I see a saddle fitted at the extreme front of rear of its rails (yes I know the rails are designed for that but still.... :twisted:

I really dislike offset seatposts, but it could be the seat could do with going back a little and the seatpost down a bit.

I'm taking it to the FoD tomorrow, I'll make sure to take my allen keys with me.

As for the colour, the only time I get to see it is when I'm not riding, so I'm really not that fussed.

I just don't like purple :roll:

Hi Neil,

Loving both Dave Yates, nice to see the old girl built up, if I could find one in 16" I'd rejoin the Dave Yates club like a shot :)

Cheers
Stu

Hi Stu,

I have recently resisted the temptation to sell the Diabolo, as with the completion of my Roberts DB, the garage is becoming a little ... congested.

Problem was solved when my daughter said she really liked the recently completed Bigfoot, so that's off to it's new home in March (her birthday present) and when I failed to meet up with a guy who was going to let me try their demo 29er.

So, there are plans for a slight refit so that it can resume it's role as do-it-all workhorse.

You really need to find a Yates, they are such good fun bikes.

Great stuff! knew it had found a good home :)

I still haven't started my Fuquay project, thinking of moving it on to someone who can spend the time and money bringing her back to her former glory, the modern bikes are getting more use at the moment...

Cheers
Stu

I don't think you would have any problems finding the Fuquay a new home, they are so rare, one of the British steel fans would snap it up I'm sure.

My final search is for a Dave Lloyd Cats Wiskas. They seem to be about as rare as your Fuquay, but sooner or later one will turn up.

I'm spending a lot of time on road bikes presently. Conditions have been so wet that the offroad choices have been pretty restricted and there are only so many times I can visit Ashton Court and Leigh Woods.

Plus I am enjoying the challenge; I knew road riding would be hard, I just didn't know it would be this hard :evil:

Back