Manitou sx ti steerer question

stef_r

Dirt Disciple
Hey all,

I bought this Manitou sx ti today. Noticed it had a tapered like steerer and mentioned it to the seller. He thinks it's 1,1/8. I took it home and if it didn't fit I could bring it back.

Got home and measured it and seems that the top part is 1/1/8" and bottom is wider 1,1/4 like.. Haven’t had time to fit it on a headset but I thought maybe somebody here could help me with this. Oh and it also has a headset-cup stuck at the moment.

Picture is not so clear.. It gets wider in two steps bottom one is not that viseble.

8372002624_e05cbb7109.jpg

Well thats odd. I can't recall there being any super weird steerer sizes around when they were new.

Get the crown race off and measure it. For a 1-1/4" steerer the crown race surface should be 33.0mm, for 1-1/8" it should be 30.0mm

I own a couple of those and the steerer is slightly stepped at the base presumably to have the lower race fit very tight.

Definitly not my crown race :)

I can not check it again because i'm on the road but I thought I found an ad on here with a pair of manitou sx with a abnormal steerer. He said that these where for certain Klein bikes..

Maybe I should try to the old crown off and fit it on the bike..

I also have a klein mantra, with a manitou SX.

De buis van de mijne is 1inch 5/16.

This means that it only fits klein bikes. Is it still good? I am interested.
Guy - Heist-op-den-berg

I was reading this and thought: this one is for Klein. I saw another one at the ebay auctions some time ago. The seller even mentioned in that auction that it will only work with spesific Klein models. Nevertheless, there was a lot of interest.

In Finland we say "panna vahinko kiertämään". Roughly translated it means you gotta sell the spilled milk before it gets sour :).

Latest posts

Back