Giant CFR Pro series - completed pics on pg3

Thoughts?
SuginoAlpina800_zps27b3659f.jpg

8.333% drop in gearing ... hmm

I'm recalling my last ascent of the Cat&Fiddle, grovelling into the most horrific headwind ... in 22/32 on my Ibis! :oops:

8.333% drop in gearing ... hmm

I'm recalling my last ascent of the Cat&Fiddle, grovelling into the most horrific headwind ... in 22/32 on my Ibis! :oops:

elPedro666":2rq6phcy said:
Next weekend I hope when the esteemed MrCrumb drops my wheels off (Mavic MA6 I believe, of which neither I nor Google know anything at all, except that getting tyres on is a royal pain, apparently).

Stem (a thing of beauty, very excited) and post are on-route and that's everything I think. So I might get overexcited and pay MrCrumb a visit if I can't contain myself! :oops:

Anyway, now with added TurtleWax, brakes and considerably scrubbed-up Mirage mechs. Not totally period correct, but in the ballpark. Sort of. Not glaringly wrong at least. I hope.

Oh, BB, cranks & pedals too :D
20130110_185942.jpg

Desperately hoping the stem arrives Saturday so I can get the bar & levers on and start cabling up... :cool:

Nice, I love these old CFRs. I had a 1995 Cadex CFR3 which was identical to the purlpe one in this catalogue (see link). You'll notice some were supplied with Campagnolo groupsets, I had Veloce on mine and a aftermarket time carbon threadless fork to replace the alloy one that the early models came with. http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2...2_GALLERYSID=17dfef34d6cbfc7e2fc8e1f80b52b7a8

I really didn't want to sell it but had to make way for other projects. I'm a bit of a Giant fan and have an OCR as my daily ride and 3 TCRs in varying states of completion including an ONCE team replica and a Mike Burrows kitted out 1996 TCR (rare).

If you need a mirage compact I have a 175mm in black I can sell you but I think your silver chainset looks much better.

Make sure you post pics when it's done, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished article

:cool:

Easy_Rider":3dmcm710 said:
Any update?

Yes! It's now accompanied by my beloved old Denon stereo and my world is a much better place again!

Um, so no, not really.

Family duties all weekend, but the stem is here and beautiful. Unfortunately it means I've got some serious polishing to do on the now shabby-looking old bits! :facepalm: But my Peek's also arrived so I'll get on it tomorrow...

Tel":2wjhtnvv said:
Meant to ask before what is a "peek"?

Autosol equivalent, I'm lead to believe it's slightly more effective and very popular in the world of antique restoration apparently!

I'll report back at the end of today with a little luck...

*daft unanswerable noob question with rubbish photo alert*

So, does this look about 'right'? Do have some disposable bar tape but it'd be great to get it close first time!
20130123_100803.jpg

Back