1994 DEAN Titanium

Nope i'm not solo... But it i'm a former owner!

I bought the frame from a former belgian Xc-racer that raced for o9 (the only dean suplier ever in belgium). Rode it for a while and then sold it to a young local rider for peanuts... I even pistes it up on this forum but no one wanted it.

Then lost track of it, til now! Glad to are it is in good hands with someone that knows what it is!

It was my second dean since i had a dean bambam fully in the nineties....

History

Great to hear some of the history of the frame, tell me more :D .

Who was the Belgian XC rider? Are any pics available of him racing it, by any chance?

I'd also like to see that bambam of yours :cool:

Rider was Jurgen Van Den Driesse... He might have racing pics but not me.

My Bambam was one of only two in the benelux... 2200euro for a frame back then was :shock:

A pic of the time when it was brand new and cutting edge:
p4pb23954.jpg

80mm front and rear was over the top for xc back then :cool:

To say it in Deans own words: Is it a xc or a dh bike? YES

Bambam

Thanks for sharing bettes, that looks awesome :) !

Where did you ride this: the Belgian Ardennes or did you put it to the test in even more challenging surroundings?

Re: Bambam

Double-E F":iycocfkx said:
Thanks for sharing bettes, that looks awesome :) !

Where did you ride this: the Belgian Ardennes or did you put it to the test in even more challenging surroundings?

The colonel was used mainly around my home for singletrackrides and also as a roadbike with a set of road wheels (46tooth xtr is great for that)

The bambam saw it's fair share of ardennes marathons (theux, boullion,...) when I was young and fit and hadn't discovered enduro riding in the alps and around lake garda... :LOL:

Birthday Karma

Earlier on in this thread, I stated that the right stem would bring this titanium project to a glorious finish.

Last week on July, 17th (my birthday :) ...), I received a private message in which fellow forum member, and fellow DEAN Ti owner, ez054098 reminded me of a dibs that I called -wishfully thinking- in his DEAN build thread.

ez054098":1i0s0hu9 said:
Subject: 1994 Dean Titanium - FINISHED 3/1/13

Double-E F":1i0s0hu9 said:
Jeez, I'm jealous of that stem :LOL: :cool: .

First dibs if you ever consider selling it ;) .

Lovely bike, 1994 appears to be one of the best years for DEAN judging all the wonderful frames being showcased around here :cool: !

I scored a 150 Dean Ti stem, so if you want the 135 let me know.

Of course, I was still interested, which I replied to him. And what do you know: July 17th also happened to be Michaels (ez05409:cool: birthday :shock: (though he already celebrated a couple more than me ;) ).

To make a long story short, in the end Michael offered me his titanium DEAN stem for postage only as a birthday gift :shock: :oops: :LOL: .
Yesterday it arrived, together with a set of DEAN decals :cool: !

p4pb9886281.jpg

After getting home from work a bit early today, I exchanged the Zooka for that fine Ti example.
Here's an impression of the result :cool: ...

p4pb9886287.jpg

p4pb9886285.jpg

p4pb9886289.jpg

It has been quite a while since I was this happy with a birthday present, thanks to Michael (ez05409:cool:,

the official

King of Birthday Karma.

Back