Vulcan

IMG_3726.jpg

More here

Proper british designed and built timeless classic. Restore it, I have an idea :idea: RetroBOMBER

Its had 3 flights now since October last year after a lengthy and expensive restoration (£7m). It still requires £50000 or so per month to pay for costs if it is to wow us at airshows this year and over the next 10 years before finally going into a museum for evermore. As well as being a big mountain bike fan I also love militay aviation and the Vulcan especially! You can help keep her in the air by making a donation through the vulcan website, www.tvoc.co.uk , there is also lots of good information, photos, live webcams and a lively forum. Go on, have a look! Trevor.

My Brother is seriously into this thing, it was sitting on a small airfield in Warwickshire for a long time. As a kid I remember watching them do an almost vertical ascent straight after take off...the noise from that thing is awesome! Hopefully catch it flying in the summer.

On the subject anyone going stateside should catch the B-52 flying while they can too. They have officially been given the all clear until 2047 (amazing since the last was built in 1967) but a change of government policy could change all that.

The Vulcan rocks. I am definately going to see it this year! Great that someone has had the vision to restore it. :D

The B-52 and Vulcan are both provisionally booked for Waddington Air Show this year. What are the chances of a B-52 alongside our equivalent, the B2 Avro Vulcan? Bring it on!

They were built at Woodford in Cheshire, which is about 5 or 6 miles from the primary school I went to. You could hear them taking off, and doing engine checks. Glad we didn't live any closer

Back