MacRetro chat and rides thread

kaiser":18dodibw said:
I've heard they have a problem with cracking after a while.

Just like those while Pugsley fames ;)

I got the last 2 of those cages on eBay for £20 the pair. No used them yet but think they'd be ideal for small tents/tarps.

Last time I was at An Lochen Uaine (probably spelled that wrong) was about 10 years ago on my trusty Dawes Galaxy. Handled the rough stuff well, I'd come over from Boat of Garten I think. The trails around Loch Morlich are great too. Must try and talk DaveDH into this trip, he's crisscrossed the area in his retrobiking yoof. Must also make him post up the vid he took of a great single track descent back toward Aviemore.

I've MTB'd a lot around Loch Morlich with my family. It's got loads of forest trails that are definitely family friendly.

This singletrack descent you mentioned, is it from Loch Morlich down to Inverdruie via Loch an Eilein or to Coylumbridge or from further up?
I remember finding out about a track that went from somewhere near the turn off to the Corrie na Ciste carpark then descended back down to Glenmore/Loch Morlich. Rode up the road from Loch Morlich on a very hot, windless summer's day on my own. Was sweating like a rapist by the time I got to start. Was it worth it? Naw, it was crap as it was really just a footpath so there were loads of old trees that had fallen across track and other obstructions so I couldn't go far before having to clamber over this stuff. OK as footpath but needed more MTB traffic to make it worthwhile going up there.

yep lots of great cycling near there - did the nethy-ryovan pass-glenmore loop a couple years ago. good 8 hour ride with cafe at glenmore pit stop.

keithyr":2qouzhmk said:
yep lots of great cycling near there - did the nethy-ryovan pass-glenmore loop a couple years ago. good 8 hour ride with cafe at glenmore pit stop.
hmmm, very interesting! clockwise or anti?

Back