1991 Koga-Miyata TerraRunner

Nader":2t90dgpj said:
On this TerraRunner I would absolutely use silver deore dx crank with silver seatpost :cool:

You're probably right, but with colour-coordinating Kogas I am always a bit easy. Herbold-style!

The TerraRunner is finished and ready for many miles :)

8362600928_8a554e9c4f_b.jpg

8361534137_ed9702dc72_b.jpg

Details:

'TerraRunner'. The purple bolt you see under the toptube is mounted in the race number fitting. This is a common feature on professional roadbikes, but not on mountainbikes. The rivited cable guides are the same as on the composite aluminum, titanium and carbon frames >>

8362598792_362da94cac_c.jpg

Seatcluster and U-brake view. If you look very closely you can see one of two mounts that are situated on the backside of each brakeboss. The small fittings are for mounting a Dutch lock directly to the frame >>

8361535655_5bb7b63712_c.jpg

Hidden behind the standard Silca-Koga pump you see the two decals for Miyata's own tubing: Hardtlite FM-1 triple butted Spiral Spline (spiral butting at the ends). The down pull mech is in a quirky way operated through force exposed by the outer cable. This is a pre top pull era solution >>

8361541837_72241a390d_c.jpg

Cockpit with Tioga stem, Use bars, Onza grips and Deore DX controls >>

8362596408_190908c945_c.jpg

The tubing for the 1991 TerraRunner is more oversized than that of the previous year. The frame is ready for racks, lowriders, 3 cages and much more. The TerraRunner is a versatile bike that could be used for racing and heavy duty trekking. After being retired from that it could serve its owner very well as commuter. For me it is going to be racing.

I really like this, fantastic details on the frame you document well for us lucky readers. What's the weight of this beauty frame?

immaculate, very very nice!

although i think i would look better with a black stem and bar, but hey, thats just my personal taste ;)

Thanks for your thoughts. I happen to have a job lot of the (rare) chromed issue of the T-bone stem and plan to preserve my single black example for an all black frame.

troje":1dn1ywjo said:
I really like this, fantastic details on the frame you document well for us lucky readers. What's the weight of this beauty frame?

I have had the fork in my hands when I serviced the headset and it felt nicely light. I have not had the single frame in my hands, but I can unveil that due to the oversized tubing this frame is not weight weenies' dream.

That TerraRunner reminds me very much of a Dawes MTB. rear U-brake aside.

Just the lugged construction & the paint pattern. Nice bike though, go get riding them trails!

Tommy":hp00asuq said:
Nice Koga Melvin
Where did you find this beauty?

In Zwijndrecht. I did purchase it from the first owner. When mountianbikes became the new fashion he bought himself this bike, but he didn't use it much afterwards. Hence I am benefitting from an immaculate mountainbike :) However also more severely used Kogas often look relatively okay due to a durable 7 step coat that wouldn't be possible anymore with nowadays environmetal legislation I am afraid :roll: Or it is because manufacturers want that we consumers buy new more often.

Back