The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Is the output lead fixed, or does a 1210 have RCA connectors? If so, try changing the cable. If not, take the backs off the RCA connectors and check the solder joints haven't come adrift. Next, check the headshell wires, make sure all are secure. If these are OK, it could be arm wiring, which takes nerve and a steady hand. Changed the wiring in my Rega RB200 as the previous owner had pulled it out by accident. Very fiddly but not technically difficult.

What did the advert used to say?

"It went ok all by itself!" :LOL:

Got the base down yesterday and the floor and four walls up for my 'workshop' (read big shed) up today. Roof on tomorrow, then wiring, insulation, inner skin, benches etc, then I can set up all my stuff and test equipment.

I will then be in a position to take over ze vorld!!! (Or at least continue with my CD player modifications, build a turntable and do all that other stuff like build a world-beating phono pre-amp and modify other people's CD players to 'jaw dropping' standard) :)

Now that's a project, fantastic! If you need any practice I have shoddy things I can send you to make wonderful for me ... I wouldn't even charge :cool:

Offered for sale is a Harman Kardon AVR 355

HDMI switching, Dolby True HD blah de blah blah

Cosmetically not perfect, everything works as it should.

2 remotes, has direct iPod/ iPhone control if you have the HK Bridge.

£79 UK posted

web pics:

harman-kardon-avr-355-42510.jpg

355lrg.jpg

Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS HD decoding
HDMI 1.3a Inputs with up conversion to HDMI
Cirrus Logic 32-bit DSP processor
Logic 7 Processing (96kHz Capable)
A/V Sync delay programmable for each input
Multi Room Audio and Video Output
Dolby Headphone & Dolby Virtual Speaker Decoding
192kHz/24bit Audio D/A Converters
Built in FM/AM tuner
On Screen Display
USB port for connection to a flash drive or MP3 player
IR remote extension jacks
RS-232 port
Powered Zone 2 option
Backlight, 8 device learning remote

Theres a good selection of replacement drivers here to suit budget/desires...

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?bro ... ch_Drivers

As said, a reasonable priced driver will likely sound somewhat better than whats in the box. Just do a quick sanity check on impedance, sensitivity and frequency response. Crossovers over have a resistor in series with tweeter to balance levels, you can play with this value to change relative levels if needed.

Back