Cube Attention

Nice bike, a Cube fan myself (AMS 29er) I would ride it as it mate, your not going to make that much difference with out spending load of cash on it. Some light tubes will help a bit but tyre choice will make the biggest difference. Have a look at lighter tyres as well tubes and maybe look for something a bit skinnier but your still looking at around £60 - 80 for some top end stuff.

let us know how you get on with it.

If you want to sell those tyres let me know! Been looking for a pair of those for ages!!
I found that a cheap way to save some weight is to change the chainrings.. Doesn't have to be the whole crankset.
Tyres and wheels are definitely the first thing, but don't change too much in the first month or two until you really know what you want to change!

thanks for the replies, i got all next week off so hoping to get out on it.

the forks are rockshox xc`s, can be found on ebay for about £90.

i changed the bar stem to try keep the front end height down alittle.

Osella":dxrx94yy said:
If you want to sell those tyres let me know! Been looking for a pair of those for ages!!
I found that a cheap way to save some weight is to change the chainrings.. Doesn't have to be the whole crankset.
Tyres and wheels are definitely the first thing, but don't change too much in the first month or two until you really know what you want to change!

Any Cube dealer should have those tyres in stock. We have here in Denmark..

Back to the bike:Future upgrades would be a lighter,more adjustable fork,and lighter inner tubes. Geax gato tyres mentioned above are great,and cheaper than shwalbe. But go out,get it dirty to begin with :twisted:

Lenni":1ra5d9vs said:
Back to the bike:Future upgrades would be a lighter,more adjustable fork,and lighter inner tubes. But go out,get it dirty to begin with
I'd agree with this.

But if you were looking for a future upgrade I'd say a lighter air shock fork will help - something like a Rockshox Reba can be had from £150 second hand or around £220 new (for last years model). That would save a pound on the front and give the bike a lot livlier feel. That's what I did with my Kona and it transformed it.

Quite a big investment (depending on your budget) but they retain a lot of their value should you later change your mind.

Have put my Cube on abit of a new years diet..

changed the forks - Sid Race, brakes - XT and wheels - American Classic.

Abit to much white going on now??

P1000088_zps39c5a01a.jpg

P1000089_zpsbbf80948.jpg

Now that it looking sorted. White is cool :cool:

I have just changed the bars on my cube and the 745 bars I have put on are noticeably lighter than the 680 bars that where on the bike. Love those wheels.

Hello
i know its hard to see from the pictures but am looking to upgrade the crank, is this the normal GXP style type frame?

Matt

Back