Yates 853

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I just realised that I have never got around to posting pictures of my 2002 Yates 853, so here it is.

I bought the frame and forks from a fellow forum member and did a quick build using a combination of STX chainset and XT V brakes from my 'stored' STS-2, SRAM X9 F&R mechs and SRAM Attack shifters. Wheels were from another forum member and are Gipiemme. Bars, stem and seatpost are Truvativ, bar ends are X-lite, pedals are Time ATAC and the saddle is a Maddison, as I couldn't get a Charge Spoon in black (they are always more of a grey colour).

Forks are Fox, with 100mm of travel, I can't remember the model, but this is my first experience with Fox forks and I like them.

I like this bike a lot and it has become my work horse. It is fast, sure footed, nimble and you can really almost forget it's there and just enjoy the ride.

What don't I like? The colour; I am not a fan of purple, so at some point it will be returning to it's maker for some fresh paint, but I'm not sure when that will be, as I enjoy riding it too much.

DSC_0242_zps78537d28.jpg

DSC_0235_zpsd43e3a5e.jpg

I quite like the purple as well. If you were to get it repainted would you consider disc tabs as well?

OMG, I've stumbled into the Purple Appreciation Society Forum.

Disks: Not too sure about that, possibly. But as you lot of like the colour so much, I may just save myself the expense, after all, I don't get to look at it while I'm riding it.

Jujupunk; yes, it is a fantastic ride.

Don't bother spraying it purple... It looks great in blue.

al. :cool:

Back