Car-less...

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
For the first time since the age of 16 and my first ever car (a mini pick-up), I am now officially without a car.

Very mixed feelings watching it being driven away.

At least you sold the behmoth, could have been sat in your drive for months.

If you like I have a petrol Audi a6 3 litre bitrurbo quattro estate up for grabs if you're missing the hideous fuel consumtion.

I remember going car less, riding the children to school on bikes, the littlest in the trailer, getting our shopping delivered by Tesco, we live out in a small village shopping on bikes for a big family was impossible, although getting a few things from town 7 miles away on bikes was OK. We had run out of money to keep the old Volvo going. We lasted six months then my mother in law insisted she bought us another, we did argue against it but caved in in the end.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you better than it did for us.

Alison

Get a 125 scooter and when the embarrasement dies down, they are really funny, cheap to run and quite usefull

My wife sold her car, and has now stolen mine. Leaving me carless during the day, and some weekends. Bit of a pain in the ar5e, but cycling everywhere is getting me fit again.

sylus":1wfdmjvi said:
Get a 125 scooter and when the embarrasement dies down, they are really funny, cheap to run and quite usefull

+1

Be sure to post some photos.

legrandefromage":2khut1ey said:
For the first time since the age of 16 and my first ever car (a mini pick-up), I am now officially without a car.

Very mixed feelings watching it being driven away.

You are going to become very fit.

al.

You should ask the BBc to make a documentary about your car dealings.
It could well go on for several series :D

bottom-gear

Back