The original amber wall tyres thread

FluffyChicken":2n0piiq0 said:
Mid 90 is practically modern though, and all that other modern talk people are chatting... 9 speed 2.something tyres.. Shudder

Smoke Lites were much smaller than other 1.9in tyres. And 2in+ tyres have been around for ever :)

I always wanted the 2.5" Ground Control Extremes back in the early nineties, but never even saw them in a shop let alone being able to afford some. Big tyres aren't a new thing!

Would it have fitted in the frame, though? :) 2.2 Hardpacks were pretty big. What was a Kona Maximum? 2.3?

2.2 hardpacks were my favourite tyre bitd, they seemed huge compared to modern 2.1s, not light though.

I've got those ritchey with amberwalss sold in the Mombat's store.
They are cool for riding because modern design, lightweight and fine on our oldschool bike.
But you need to buy more than a pair of those tires for a better better price ;)

MikeD":3lhwttlk said:
FluffyChicken":3lhwttlk said:
Mid 90 is practically modern though, and all that other modern talk people are chatting... 9 speed 2.something tyres.. Shudder

Smoke Lites were much smaller than other 1.9in tyres. And 2in+ tyres have been around for ever :)
But none of the cool people would use such a wide and heavy tyre ;-)

Smoke lite are fine around the pebbly Peaks Rides and pretty good in the thick mud at the rear.

I like to get the tyres that complete my look but having ridden motorbikes for over 30 years, I want tyres that are going to work considering that very small contact patch is all that is keeping me upright and safe

Pyro Tim":2ejz1a0v said:
I have to say the Germans have their act together. Ordered the Dart on Tuesday, I think, and delivered today.

Did you order both Dart and Smoke? I´m hesitating because one is listed as "available" and one as "ordered".

Back