New member saying hello!

Marcevo1

Dirt Disciple
Hi

Just to say hello really - I've been lurking for ages looking at retro bikes with the intention of buying something circa late 80's

I originally grew up near Whitehaven west Cumbria and in the late eighties can remember ogling the colnago's, de Rosas and Concorde frames hanging up in border cycles Carlisle..... Dreaming of buying one when I grew up...

Well anyhow I haven't grown up at nearly 40 but really want a colnago master piu or similar so thought I'd sign up as a forum member.

I'm a born again biker after 20 years off and ride a modern colnago ace but do have a 1989 gary fisher which is on permanent load to my 72 yr old dad who still uses it regular.

Marc

Hi Marc, welcome aboard! You'll have to borrow that '89 Gary Fisher and join us on a ride, but any bike will do if your dad won't part with it for a day.

cheers guys

forgot to put - its a AL-1 my dads tootling about on - one with the circlipped bearings in the bottom bracket

HarryCrumb":2ivcl5r7 said:
Welcome Marc, sounds good, is it one like this?

Just like that but black with a white fleck - apparently the frame was a demo frame from tawain when production started over there.

Having just started posting on here I've just went and bought a new project... See my post in readers rides in road bike section... Rather unique vetta columbus ms frame :) long term project

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
That was quick! I mean it always happens but in half a dozen posts...

Top work! :D

Hope to catch you on a ride soon.

hello and well done for starting again,

a handy hint though,DONT READ THE FOR SALE SECTION,

this forum has cost me a fortune since i joined,good fun though trying to keep it a secret from the wife. :D :D :D :D

It's all the lurking on here over the last year or so ;)

20 years of no road bike has taken its toll :) all I need is to loose 15kg so I can use them properly!

Marcevo1":1gkxorps said:
It's all the lurking on here over the last year or so ;)

20 years of no road bike has taken its toll :) all I need is to loose 15kg so I can use them properly!

15kg,,is that it,i feel really fat now. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back