The original amber wall tyres thread

brocklanders023":tmhal4ki said:
Just keep an eye out for some duff old bikes on ebay that have hardly been used. Even some of the low end brands used decent tyres bitd. I've scored plenty of bikes in the past where the tyres have been worth more then the bike cost. You just need the time to trawl though all the tat ;)

This is good advice, you will be surprised just how many ladies bikes have good kit on them, have been rarely used and are in great condition being ripe for stripping and not for much money

Re: panaracer

wontchuckanut":3csvippn said:
iv emailed panaracer direct telling them to do the smoke and dart in a amber wall, told them there is a market out there for amber walls, yes not a massive one but big enough, they already do a urban tyre with a amber wall so why not the smoke and dart ? call it the classic range

if you dont ask you dont get, you never know
They already do though.

Re: They already do

wontchuckanut":1wtybg2i said:
They don't anymore where are they then in the uk ?

I assume they are not in the UK because no one thought to import them.

Why don't you try an e-mail to whoever the Panaracer importer is in the UK.

Re: I've emailed them today

wontchuckanut":2je9jwss said:
Iv emailed them today and will continue until they distribute them to the uk

Why, they are easy enough to get from anywhere in the EU, no import tax or anything. One advantage of the EU and postage is only £6 and tax is lower by a fraction.

Is these peoplel you want to badger http://www.zyro.co.uk/, they are the UK importers
or tyre emailing CRC/Wiggle et al

(edit: best if I actually put the link in :LOL:)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back