Vulcan

I remember watching a vulcan take off at an airshow in devon, incredible that anything that size can take off like it does.

my dad used to build them.

apparently during the falklands they had to tour scrapyards to find spare parts to get them flying again

Wont be the Concorde thats at our airfield at work,thats got a ruddy great hole in the wing due to it being sat out on a hardstanding in all weathers :cry:

andy.l":6srqz4tb said:
Wont be the Concorde thats at our airfield at work,thats got a ruddy great hole in the wing due to it being sat out on a hardstanding in all weathers :cry:

Is that the 1 @ Filton :?: The 1 they were going to build a hanger for :?:

cool. :cool:
When I'm working in Germany, I fly out of Southend airport. There's been a Vulcan sat next to the runway for a few years now....perhaps that one's going to be restored too..... :?:

heathy":29ty4p54 said:
andy.l":29ty4p54 said:

Is that the 1 @ Filton :?: The 1 they were going to build a hanger for :?:

Yeah thats the one,it was left out in the weather for far too long,elements got the better of her,damn shame,i was lucky enoughto be on the runway when she made her final touchdown,flew straight over the top of me and friend almost sucking us from the grass,awesome plane,we still make spares for an old boy who regularly flies his Spitfire about the area,good to see the Vulcan bomber airbourne again,another menacing outline in the sky,so elegant but also deadly in its day.

Back