1996 Klein Pulse Comp

SteveKlein

Old School Hero
Just joined the forum and thought I'd post pictures of my 1996 Klein Pulse comp, its not entirely original (forks, brakes wheels) but it does ride extremely well.

I will be upgrading this in the coming months so more pics will be added :D

IMG215_zps796764bd.jpg
[/img]

IMG223_zps4c0cee10.jpg

[/img]
IMG216_zps7d3a9933.jpg

IMG221_zps054ae46c.jpg

[/img]
IMG217_zps825e46f3.jpg

IMG213_zps131cdb59.jpg

[/img]
IMG208_zps32539f83.jpg

:)

nice colour that!.

Looks like it has a couple of nice bits added already.

The ITM bars look quite nice. The red of the forks looks pretty nice against the green as well.

I always wanted a klein back in the day but my pockets weren't that deep!

I have already added the Avid brakes, bar-ends and removed the dust boots from the forks as they looked really naff with them on.

I really like the colour too - the red and green together I feel look really cool together.

Nice looking bike particularly the green color.

Some older suspension forks need the boots in order to protect the seals. I found out the hard way by ruining my Judy fork after removing the boots.

thanks lewisfoto.

The lip seals on the lower fork legs are the ones that seal the fork innards from moisture and dirt, the corrugated boots ive taken off lots of forks in the past with no ill effects.
just have to keep the forks clean after every ride ;)

Quick update:

Just fitted a set of Clarks Teflon XTR type brake cables and gear cables and got hold of some dmr lock on grips in lime green. I'll be fitting the grips and gear cables once ive got rid of the nasty grip shifts for some rapidfire shifters.

Brake cables feel absolutely lovely - a definate improvement over the old cables.

IMG228_zps97c0c30d.jpg

A few updates for some recently acquired parts.

A slightly rough looking (but cheap) XT crankset - a bit of emery paper and some t-cut and it polished up a treat.

IMG266_zps75ace0ed.jpg

Some brand new DMR Lock On grips (not entirely sure whether these are staying or not - I'm not completely sold on the colour!)
A RaceFace stem (e-bay bargain!)

IMG270_zps8b7eb37c.jpg

A 1997 pair of Manitou TiSx forks - much lighter than the RST's that were on the bike originally.

IMG272_zps045f9fae.jpg

XT Rear Mech - ebay again :oops:

IMG271_zps5c667562.jpg

As it looks now!

IMG269_zps9399e1de.jpg

Sweet,

Bought one of these frames recently, it's away be painted at the moment, exciting. Also I think the black outer ring is LX and silver is XT on the cranks. I don't know what the actual difference is apart from that, I'm sure someone could point it out. I've got both out back :)

Back