MacRetro chat and rides thread

check the bad reviews of it - there aren't many but they all mention being far too small and letting in wind and rain.

Renny, I was going to go for one of the Gelerts, read the reviews and was going to take the gamble. For every bad review theres a good one and some totally contradicting experiences, it could be a QC issue I guess. They can also be 'tuned' to loose a bit of weight I believe.

Anyway after all that I posted on STW and this one popped up

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/tents-and-s ... ct-1-tent/

Ticks the ££ vs lbs for me and with christmas coming up it was ideal gift fodder. Its promptly been chucked in the cupboard till I can get a spare 5mins of daytime to have a go.

Right. Stop it would you? It's January, I'm just back from holiday and I'm skint. The last thing I need is you lot putting ideas in my head about bargains that I "need"!

Looking like there are lots of options out there. The Terra Nova is obviously the "quality" choice but the Coleman is super light and that's the genera idea of the plan as I think fitting a rack to the Allez could be a bit problematic from what I've rad without a few modifications so I may try and go without one as I'd only really need something to sleep in and basics for two meals + the usual tools etc. I just want to avoid having anything on my back.

I to have bought the same tent as Kaiser and it is in the loft waiting for a dry weekend round loch doon, so I cannot say much about the quality but IMHO it would be to bulky if you were not going for a rack- the poles are quite long and sure it is light but not uber light esp for bumpy off road fun.

Ooow nearly forgot to ask, who's used one of those A2Z things to convert a rim brake frame to disc, how strong are they? :shock:

Pretty solid Rob - I had one but sold it. Looked sturdy enough for anything really although it need to fit the seatstays properly

Back