Bike of The Month January 2013 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is my 1990 Stumpjumper Comp acceptable for BOTM candidate?
Original including tyres and has original computer and bidon, original toe straps etc :)

Attachments

• 1990 Stumpjumper Comp 057 (Small).jpg
    1990 Stumpjumper Comp 057 (Small).jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 3,364
  • 1990 Stumpjumper Comp 052 (Small).jpg
    1990 Stumpjumper Comp 052 (Small).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 3,364
In honour of gm1230126's 30 Days of GTs thread I'm going to enter my 91 composite Xizang. It is believed to be one of the original dozen (+/-) proof-of-concept bikes that Maurice Lavoie in Whistler welded up for GT. There are some minor variations from the frameset that GT officially sold in 91 (decals, geometry, welds, lack of serial #).

Have swapped out the post and headset to XT to give the bike a full XT groupset since the pic was taken. More pics/details in the build thread.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150639&highlight=

z12.jpg

Was told by the forum GTmeister that the trailside 2nd pic previously posted didn't really show the bike, and it was suggested I replace it, so.....

My buddy out front of the shop in Miami where he picked up the bike in March 06. It was built up and hanging on the wall, and had never been ridden (still hadn't been ridden when I acquired it from his brother). Hairless didn't really suit him. Chemo's a bitch.

gt32.jpg

Very nice Dale, looks like the bike shop who put it together got the tyres round the wrong way though, Dart should be up front I believe?

Vinevo":4r0ybg6h said:
Very nice Dale, looks like the bike shop who put it together got the tyres round the wrong way though, Dart should be up front I believe?
Actually, for the tyres, I had removed them to clean them. Ater that, as I took the pics, I realized it was the wrong way :shock:
It was late :facepalm: :LOL: :LOL:
Now it's in order :cool:

brocklanders023":1r5ygejt said:
Very much enjoying the 'as they left the shop' content so far, keep 'em coming :cool:
The standard of bikes and pics so far is blowing last month out of the water :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back