Retro Ronde 2013

Elev12k":2hg12wwf said:
For bicycles 1987, but no mountainbikes allowed. So if I would arrive there with Breezer No 1 they would sent me back. Modernish retro-hipster creations and fixies allowed in the 40km event however. Hmm...

http://www.retroronde.be/nl/163-protocol

Yes, well, there are no vintage-bike nazi-campguards, so in practice as long as your bike doesn't look too carbony you will be OK. We are a group of 6 and one of us doesn't have a retro bike, but I am confident we will get away with that

Seizing the day, I've registered for the Saturday evening crit and the main Snday ride plus booked accommodation in a 'Hiker's Cabin' (http://www.campingpanorama.be/e/index.html in case anyone else also wants to be at the same camping ground).

Re the accommodation, I've booked the cabin for the nights of Friday 24th to Sunday 26th May inclusive - waiting to hear back from a couple of friends and to confirm price but there are possibly two beds spare if anyone wants to share.

Attachments

• poster.png
    poster.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 704
I will be going.Not sure how I am getting there or where to stay yet but that will get sorted soon.If anyone wants to share fuel cost if driving then let me know.

Isn't this just typical of my annual biking intentions. That weekend there are several things I want/could be doing. The main ones being this and the Anfield 100.

Oh dear, decisions, decisions, choices, choices.............................. :?

Old Ned":36m3vhrc said:
Isn't this just typical of my annual biking intentions. That weekend there are several things I want/could be doing. The main ones being this and the Anfield 100.

Oh dear, decisions, decisions, choices, choices.............................. :?

That looks like a race,go to the Ronde instead.racing is for young silly people.

Hi - new member, attracted here after a search on Retro Ronde. I'm thinking of going, talking my 1980s Harry Quinn race bike - I did the Eroica a few years back on a 1970s tourer and loved it, so hoping the RR will be similar [but with better beer and worser weather!]. Not so sure about the retro kit - will my club jersey [which looks like 1960s style, never mind 80s!] be ok? Also, has anyone pre-registered? Seems hard to do by bank transfer in Euros...

Tried to enter on line but it doesn't work properly - keep going in a loop of re-entering details and codes and I've had enough.

Maybe because I favoured the dansant over the crit...?

I understand you can enter untill somewhere in May. After that you pay 2 euro extra (this is to motivate Dutch to enter early) ...and miss the nice oppertunity of winning extra prizes!

Maybe wait a couple months and they will have cured the bug.

Back