SSUK 2013

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Haven't put this in rides section as its not strictly retro and if you read on only sort of cycling :LOL:

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/ssukg-18-w.asp

Quote that made me laugh was :

"•If you don’t know what is around a corner, assume its a cliff and certain death. There are a lot of cliffs around here."

Very far away from me so probably won't make it but looks a good weekend :D

Yes, I'm in the same boat - I'll love to go, but it would work out to be far too expensive. Ferry crossing, fuel, accommodation plus food and drinks.
Plus, it's only a week before we leave for Greece so I'll be running around like a headless chicken doing all sorts of last minute stuff anyway......

Oh its a long

I agree its a long way to go, from the northern most piont to almost the southern. Sounds tempting though.................
Jamie

Yep i like the look of this as well :D not so far for me to go !
only a couple of hundred miles round trip ;) bit of a shame that
its so far for you guys from further north :(

Mick :)

SS2013

Well, having had a word with Velo, I think this could be a go :D
Just had a quick look at the route planner and it says 731.2miles :shock: each way :shock: :shock: and 14 hours :LOL: It doesnt realise I'm in the old VW van that cruises at 55 and tops out at 70.
I better get a few days off ;)
What the hell :cool:

Jamie

thats very good advice from charly, you dont see some of the cliffs round here until there underneath you. there is a few local campsites nearby that will take groups. i can make enquiries if enough people are intrested

Dropped the ball on this as booking has started so is there any retrobike interest in this if we wanted to camp together etc and is Jamie still up for this cos if he's not it makes my attempt at being there equally unlikely ;)

Latest posts

Back