Ebay help required

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I've recently sold some bits on ebay and amongst them was a 1996 Z2 listed as parts or not working
The buyer emailed me to say he'd found a crack and an emailed pic was sent confirming it.
I told him id another crown he could have and he agreed to that
This morning i find an email from him with another picture of the fork stripped completely down telling me theres a 'rod' missing
Any and all familiar with the Z2 knows there only is one 'rod' and thats the rebound shaft
He's asking to return the 'lot' as he calls it to me for a full refund.
Im not chuffed he decided to strip it and then ask for a refund,i feel thats a bit too much ( i also think he's voided any paypal claim by stripping it down but im not sure) if he wanted a working fork i think he should have bought one in used section not 'for spares'
Although it was spares it was working perfectly and just needed a left hand oil seal to make it function perfectly.Im not sure id trust someone who not knowing anything about marzocchi bombers strips it completely down to reassemble it correctly and reset all the torques :?

More i think on this the unhappier i am with the buyers behaviour.

as long as it was listed as parts /not working I can't see the buyers issue. Even more so when you offered another part. as long as you have kept the message saying he has since taken it apart then I personally would say no

He may leave a negative but I suspect if ebay find in your favour then they may remove this also but you will have to ask for them to do it

Afraid I'd still think eBay would side with the buyer (as always...) and refund his money. I'd get the lot back and then refund. Is it the small round rubber seal that was missing? I have a spare if you want it, it's just sitting in my spares box.

This is a joke , when customers ask me where to sell old Rc cars I say the dreaded bay but make sure the buyer collects and sees it running battery or nitro or any issues eBay/PayPal will side with the buyer!

You could say its a closed book once he has stripped it but you will have to wait to see what happens

Ant

EarlofBarnet":1ytfv6oc said:
Afraid I'd still think eBay would side with the buyer (as always...) and refund his money. I'd get the lot back and then refund. Is it the small round rubber seal that was missing? I have a spare if you want it, it's just sitting in my spares box.

Thanks but youre ok :)
No its not the seal,though thats in place but needs a replacement due to wear.Its out of my hands anyway but i wont be accepting it back and tbh if the buyer doesnt contact me over the crown then he isnt getting that either :?

Sold as broke.. he's extracting the urine tbh.

having had something similar you've gotten lucky with someone with insanely high expectations (i had this wiht a pair of Judy Races's i sold earlier this year - the buyer listed a series of "faults" with them including
Paint bulbing not mentioned - a tiny patch on the back of the brace by the reflector mount hole, No star nut fitted - errr,Steerer not cut straight - ummm,Damage tot he top caps - i.e some spanner marks form when they were serviced. and so on. Needless to say he wanted his money back and the forks.

TBH as they were listed as broken then you should come out of an ebay case ok - but of course with negative feedback :/

I received the broken crown the other day and to be totally honest the break is remarkably clean :? what i mean is the crack was more of a break where there is a tiny gap between the 2 parts,i would have expected dirt,grit or oil to have bled into the new surfaces but theyre not dirty at all.Its possible the buyer is responsible for the damage but i cannot prove that and dont really have a choice now but to send him the replacement.

Such is life i suppose :)

its very buyer biased.

I sold a set of cranks before christmas and now the buyer is claiming wear and even missing teeth on the middle ring :roll:

taffy":10dlu5ln said:
its very buyer biased.

Mostly I would agree. I have an exact opposite experience though. I bought a bike in the u.s. for $260 but the shipping was listed at $100..it can be done but mostly on by those with a contract as the usual across states bike postage cost is around $140-$150

when the bike arrived the bike had bits missing and necessary bits, the seller said oh they weren't included in the sale, despite them being shown in the picture and the description had "just get on and ride" you couldn't without the bits.

Ebay/paypal found in my favour..great thought I..but even when it has been found in your favour the buyer is responsible for the postage so for a $260 bike I would have lost $140 sending it back and still have no bike

Taught me a lesson about buying bikes in the u.s.

Back