My 1989 kona explosif project(finally after 25 yrs) pic on 5

huhue said:
This lovely ride deserves better pics!

Cheers
I'll be sorting some better ones in daylight where the bikes outdoors,they should be better :) nice looking kona hei hei you've got m8,a 1991 or 1992 model is on my wish list

Thanks mate,

I'm very happy with the Hei Hei... ;)

Looking forward to those pics.

Cheers
Dan

huhue said:
Thanks mate,

I'm very happy with the Hei Hei... ;)

Looking forward to those pics.

Cheers
Dan

I bet you are m8 :) ,there the best konas by far but they seem to be very rare. I've got 3 more konas to go then i'll be on the look out for one.
I'll sort some pics over the weekend i'm busy cleaning all the parts up at the min.
Cheers Chris

What a great bike! Congratulations! :)

It's always nice to see someones dream come true.

What did you feel the first time you got it home......and the first time you rode it?

mkaavin said:

What did you feel the first time you got it home......and the first time you rode it?

I was like a little kid on Christmas unwrapping his presents,bubble wrap was going everywhere :) I haven't rode it yet i'm just a few more parts and going to touch up the paint around the chain stays,then it'll be ready to go out and get it caked in mud :)

Skeelsie said:
God those pictures are shite, get some better ones up!!

Do it justice!

Aye i know they were just done quickly on the day i got the frame,I'll sort better ones out when i've got the bike up and running to take it out and get it caked in mud on the trails round mine,this bike ain't gonna be no garage queen!! I'm busy cleaning up the parts at the minute and looking for the remaining Deore II stuff i need.

Spanky22b":r2cib1hn said:
mkaavin":r2cib1hn said:

I was like a little kid on Christmas unwrapping his presents,bubble wrap was going everywhere :) I haven't rode it yet i'm just a few more parts and going to touch up the paint around the chain stays,then it'll be ready to go out and get it caked in mud :)

This is the best part isn't it? :-D Finding the bike of your dreams........holding it in your hands.....old memories flash back......great! ....and then....finding the last bits before finally riding your childhood dream.

One of life's really good moments. :)

I remember Dentons used to there everytime we had a home game!

Anyone remember the bike shop in Whitley in the early 90's?

Tc

Back