Hi peeps, new here so just an introduction.

Dazzricles

Retro Newbie
Hello folks, my names Darryl Webster, I was a GB International in the 80,s competing in 5 World Champs , 1 Olympics, ( LA in 84 ) and Commonwealth Games in 82. At home I won 23 British tittles, and 52 National medals in total plus numerous road, track and time trial events.
I'm a bit of a hoarder and have a mass of equipment from that period, wheels, frames and whole bikes including a full XTR Custom 653 MTB from the mid 90,s with internal cable routing and I'm looking to clear much of it out.
I'm hoping to get some idea of values and interest so hope peeps here might be able to help out.
I still ride, my current steeds being 2 planet X Carbons and a Carrara MTB.

To get the ball rolling were do peeps see the value of my 753 Raleigh frame, Ilkeston built by Raleigh Special Developments , Gerald O`Donavan, ridden in the 84 Olympics, used to win all four of my National Hill Climb tittles 83..86 and used to win numerous time trials and road races from 83 to 87. Its not in original paint but aside from a very small dint ( easily filled ) in the top tube is in good condition. Size is 213/4 ".
Cheers folks.
Will post pic when I learn how to!

hi Darryl, welcome to the forum, if you want your bike valued, check out this thread and post some pics up:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46710

to post pics up i think you need ot up your post count to over 3?
then use a image hosting website like photobucket to upload your images to then post the link on here or imbed the image (all the codes are provided on the image hosting website)
would be nice to see what you've got - nice to hear about your acheivements too :) sounds like you got out and about when you were young :p

Cheers Twain, I'm just finding my way round at mo..every forum has its little differences!. Will get on the case with a pic hosting site and see if i can work this out ;)

[/url]
htxqax.jpg

My 753 in use to win the 84 National Hill Climb Champs

Welcome to the forum, with a garage full of 80's bits for sale, I fancy you'll be right popular around here ;)

But, be careful, as this retro malarky has a nasty habit of getting you to reassemble bikes and ride them, so instead of emptying your garage, the reverse takes place.

Good luck with the sales.

Welcome :)

Why are you selling? are you in dire need of the money......

Nostalgia is priceless, I wish I had kept all my old stuff :(

Shaun

Hi Darryl, good to see you here. One of the greats of British cycling history in case anyone doesn't know!

You're not trying to escape from the TT forum are you? Wait till Nob finds out.................... ;)

He posts on here occasionally with some of his super lo-pro machines.

A bike with a racing pedigree that can also be authenticated (by you) will generally fetch more than the same bike from a commoner. Plus early 753 frames are somewhat unusual on their own, if I am not mistaken.

Hi Midlife..simple fact is Ive got to much kit I will never use again. Cant move for it. Intend to keep my 88 Dura Ace 753 Dawes Team bike ( built by Terry Dolan , my 531 track , built by Argos and my 753 low pro Raleigh with 24" front wheel. the first low pro of its type to be used to win a British tittle, the 84 Nat 25.

The rest can go..which includes at least a dozen pairs of Campag and Dura Ace hubbed, wheels, a couple of road frames, 1 custom 653 mtb bike , 1 Kona MTB, 1 custom Tange Ulralight mtb frame, 1 753 low pro track frame with 26" front wheel, 1 26" Tri Spoke front wheel, 1 custom 531 training frame with chrome forks and rear triangle and gawd only knows what else!....the list is long, ;)
Hi Old Ned..I offered Nob the low pro but he,s got to much else to occupy him ...probably wrapped in latex :)

Back