Waterproof trousers

I use altura nevis trousers which are very good. Fold up small and lightweight. Keep you dry. Only problem i have had with them is that you may sweat if you judge the weather wrong. So not really a problem, more muse.
They look smart too.

I use Altura stuff both for commuting and regular 50+ mile rides around the roads of the New Forest. Can't recommend it highly enough.

I've got some endura single track trousers.

Not cheap but I don't tend to find you get to hot in them... Well unless you wear them when it's sunny!

Montane's kit is very good. I have some really lightweight ones which are shower proof and some heavier ones for the really wet days. You can often find them discounted. Chain Reaction were doing some good deals recently.

Mountain Warehouse £25 jobbies. Ventilation zips or velcro is what to look for. Other than that mesh on the inside is a must unles you want to be soaked in sweat within minutes. Waterproof trousers are always going to be hot and have poor or nonexistant breathability unless you shell out for goretex - and even then, my brother says his have started leaking within a month.

i have had some regatta trousers for around 3 years they have just started leaking around the ankles i wear them every day (when it rains) at work
there light an breathable too

Back