Raleigh RSP Titanium

Thanks again for the comments. I never realised there was so much Raleigh love on here but after buying this and then noticing the size of the Dyna-Tech appreciation thread.... :D

lrh":27ecpgui said:
You have to get some more IRCs because they suit it perfectly ;)

It's now wearing a pair of IRC Notos ;) . Same amber walls as the Mythos but much softer rubber.... The old tyres were lethal; I went for a quick spin in the rain yesterday just to make sure everything was working as it should and was able to skid the front on tarmac by doing a track stand and holding the front brake and then the back would spin up. Those tyres are now in the bin....

Wold Ranger":27ecpgui said:
...look for a set of UGLI forks and a USE post and RSP stem, Not keen on the Ugly Syncros parts.

I have my RC300 set up rigid and I like to have each of my bikes a bit different to each other so this one keeps the suspension forks. With regards to the Syncros, I think the posts are among the nicest ever made but each to their own. The stems can look a bit chubby on some frames, especially skinny steel ones but I think it looks ok with the fatter tubes of the RSP frame.

ibbz":27ecpgui said:
One last thing I'd add - just to finish it off.

A Genuine Raleigh round 'Herons Head' RSP badge! :)

I think I'll leave the frame stickerless but a RSP badge would certainly be the finishing touch. If anybody is reading this and has a spare one kicking around please contact me via pm ;)

A quick question and help please.
What size Spindle on the BB for this bike??

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that spindle or axle length is dictated by the crank model.

IIRC BB shell is 68mm though. Hope that's helpful.

Not really by the crank model solely , It is also dependent upon the chain stay width chain line tube size etc.
but i was Just wondering what size was used in this particular example
Or what size other owners of the rsp ti torus have used

ibbz":gta654iu said:

I think I'm using a 109mm spindle. I did measure it when I rebuilt it but can't remember 100%. Have you found one of these frames?

Fudd":1bv7om4p said:
ibbz":1bv7om4p said:

I think I'm using a 109mm spindle. I did measure it when I rebuilt it but can't remember 100%. Have you found one of these frames?

Thanks man!
I bought one from a RB member here a week ago. It's a RSP 600 ti frame stripped of paint. Nice. With CK headset.
I've been getting some parts together.
Syncros forged cranks ringle rings. X lite L168 stem xlite bars with xlite bar plugs and x lite click on seatpost. X lite Kevlar saddle. Mavic 231 with xtr m900 hubs. That's all I have so far. X lited up :)
Need a BB but spindle lengths are confusing .

Another RB guy is selling the rsp 600 here and another one is selling an mtrax 450 elite Barrie Clark. They deserve to be bought and cherished

Cool, You'll not be disappointed. I'm pretty impressed with mine and how it rides. I look forward to reading your build thread ;)

Back