Diamond back choice

Thank you,
@Pyro Tim you can see In the photo where I found them.
What do you think about the WCF fork? I think is a Marzocchi XCR oil air
The 6.0 has a Manitou 5, I think a good fork
The Apex seems to bee all original
The WCF seems to have different wheel, isn't it?

The fork on the Vertex looks to have collapsed, and may or may not take work to sort, I'm no expert on forks though I'm afraid. The Man 5 I think is original spec for the 6.0, and is a good fork. I'm just changing mine on the 4.0 to Pace RC35s from Indy S

It does appear that the Vertex has non matching rims, but again this may not be an issue. I folded the front wheel on my 4.0 landing a 6' drop off. Admittedly I did this drop off every day for 5 months before the front wheel collapsed on me. It resulted in a dislocated shoulder and new skin, helmet and clothes. The frame is still going strong though.

I think the Axis is 94, the WCF Vertex 95 and the WCF 6.0 96

The Axis didn't come with Gripshit though, so you'd need to get the M737/8? lever combo.

I've also noticed that they don't seem to all be the same size, so that may be an issue. The Vertex looks smaller, maybe 17", the 6.0 looks to be around 19", and the same for the Axis. Maybe wrong on sizes, but the Vertex is smaller

@Pyro Tim
What is the difference between Axis and Apex?
Is something about frame geometry or only the components?
The Apex I found is all equipped with xt for the r and f derailleur and crankset lx
For the size the Apex and the WCF are M and the 6.0 I don't know. If you look you can see that the point between top and seat tube is lower than the rear wheel top. They looks to be the same size don't you think so?

mdonald":2rbh0oxf said:
@Pyro Tim
What is the difference between Axis and Apex?
Is something about frame geometry or only the components?
The Apex I found is all equipped with xt for the r and f derailleur and crankset lx
For the size the Apex and the WCF are M and the 6.0 I don't know. If you look you can see that the point between top and seat tube is lower than the rear wheel top. They looks to be the same size don't you think so?
In 94 and 95 the Apex and Axis frame and forks was the same (96 the Apex returned to AVR tubing, then back to TT-Lite in 97) TT-Lite frame, and (Spinner) forks.

So in 94 and 95, the difference between the Apex and Axis was kit, and that'll be £300 sir.

There were titanium model Axis in those years, too - but the standard Axis had TT-Lite tubing (although in 97, the Axis had an alternate frameset for the US market).

looking again, I think the Apex and the Vertex are the same size, but the 6.0 bigger. It's the angle between top and downtubes on the headtube, as well as height above rear wheel.

What Neil said on the frames. Axis was XT throughout

all WCF frames were the same, it was the components that differentiated the models

great riding bikes.

No, they're not.

There's your WCF1 as pictured and your WCF2 with the fatter tubes......personally my choice is the WCF1, rides better than any of the others (stell, Ti, Alu whatever) albeit by a fine margin :cool:

The Vertex is the earlier, and by the pics, looks fatter, but I think that's because it is smaller. I don't believe there is any difference between them other than parts. Not that I've ridden the Vertex, I have studied pictures, as nearly bought one not long ago

jango":mfdlgper said:
all WCF frames were the same, it was the components that differentiated the models

great riding bikes.

No, they're not.

There's your WCF1 as pictured and your WCF2 with the fatter tubes......personally my choice is the WCF1, rides better than any of the others (stell, Ti, Alu whatever) albeit by a fine margin :cool:

I was thinking in terms of up and down the range. I'd forgotten the first generation ones.

Back