What tyre for road use / very light off road?

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Looks like the tyre on the bike I use for riding to town / shops / pub and ferrying the kids about needs some new boots. Mostly the bike is used on road, it will however have the odd trip along the towpath and offroad. And no chance of changing tyres.

Thinking something like the Michelin Country Rock > http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=8547 but am open to ideas / suggestions.

Conti Travel Contacts are good. I use them for commuting and they are faster, much longer lasting and have better puncture protection than Double Fighters. They come with free tubes too.

1.75 yes. Doube Fighters yes, and they lasted a year. The travel contacts lasted more than twice that and when I replaced them (with new travel contacts) I found that they weren't that worn and so later put them on my winter hack, infact I'll be riding home on that first set today. They are years old now with god know how many miles on them, they have cuts from glass etc. but they are still going. I've only ever had one puncture on a travel contact and that was from a nail that would have made short work of a tractor tyre. I sent that tyre back as it was less than a year old and they gave me a new one (some guarantee thing they do or did). Don't forget to factor in the free tubes when pricing them up. They will be presta valve tubes.

My errands/child seat/trailer-towing bike has 1.5in Geax Roadsters, which are dirt cheap and tough. No tread to speak of, but fine on towpath/packed gravel tracks and the like.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have the Country Rocks on my ss Stumpy.
Great tyres I reckon. Roll nicely but have surprising grip off the tarmac. the price is obviously a bonus too. :LOL:

IMGP0360.jpg

Back