Average Brit to earn a million by 56 - what !?!

That doesn't seem unreasonable for someone in their early 20's starting their working career now. Infact if you take inflation into account I'd imagine they will have earnt alot more than a million by the time they are 56.

MikeD":2zenst68 said:
Problem is they'll have spent £1.5 million ;)

....and had another half million taxed away by thieving b*stard politicians to boot, meanwhile, young Chardonnay with 3 kids before her 19th birthday and a free 3 bed house will 'earn' her first £million in benefits before she's out of her twenties. Welcome to Broken Britain! :evil:

I'm a shift worker mate, haven't seen a Mon-Fri working week since the 90's! On rest days now though, and have a 50 mile road ride planned tomorrow as 'therapy' ;)

I wonder where I went wrong then? Working from 16 to 56 and earning 1 million would mean average earnings of £25,000 a year. Yeah, right......
Of course, I'm well past 56 now and I'll still never see this mythical one million.

Andy R":3tty0w0z said:
I wonder where I went wrong then? Working from 16 to 56 and earning 1 million would mean average earnings of £25,000 a year. Yeah, right......
Of course, I'm well past 56 now and I'll still never see this mythical one million.

Well yes, of course wages were lower, still you could probably of afforded a house at some point in your life time, something which far fewer people in the age group referenced here will ever likely do, and instead will pour their money into the pots of landlords of your sort of generation.

Its ups and downs.

Latest posts

Back