Orange Five :D

Cheers boys. My first full sus and its epic!
Frame size is 18' last of the 2010/11 before they went with the tapered head tube. Cost wise... I paid a little bit extra for this as it had just come back from Orange after a full respray and bearings replaced. I've stuck with 120mm forks but I keep looking at 140mm. Not sure i need it? Climbs well, covers ground well and comes back down to sea level like a rocket :D

Awkward Kid":2kxn1jlz said:
Frame size is 18' last of the 2010/11 before they went with the tapered head tube. Cost wise... I paid a little bit extra for this as it had just come back from Orange after a full respray and bearings replaced. I've stuck with 120mm forks but I keep looking at 140mm. Not sure i need it? Climbs well, covers ground well and comes back down to sea level like a rocket :D

It seems we have the same taste in bikes. I'm considering selling my Litespeed Lookout Mtn. for a more enduro oriented rig and I've loved the Orange five since I saw this vid on vitalmtb. Oranges are pretty rare here in the states though :( Will probably end up with a Santa Cruz Heckler or a Yeti 575. Definitely want more travel though. Probably a fox 36 160 up front :D

http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features ... /sspomer,2

theanswer75":k47sv12u said:
Awkward Kid":k47sv12u said:

It seems we have the same taste in bikes. I'm considering selling my Litespeed Lookout Mtn. for a more enduro oriented rig and I've loved the Orange five since I saw this vid on vitalmtb. Oranges are pretty rare here in the states though :( Will probably end up with a Santa Cruz Heckler or a Yeti 575. Definitely want more travel though. Probably a fox 36 160 up front :D

http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features ... /sspomer,2

Would seem we do bud. I miss the speed of a ti bike. If i'm 100% honest i didnt have a very good fit of my Litespeed. Top tube was a bit short for me i think. Loved its speed! Ooooft!
I've played on and tired owning various full sussers and the Five just ticked all the boxes for me. Single pivot no fuss...ness :D The Mavericks are great forks. When i got the Five frame (and even now) i looked at some 140/160 Fox or RS Pikes, but i've not really needed that extra travel... yet! The massive hub means they hardly flex, plush... they look great as all upside down forks do and oh... they look great! Only downside is there isnt a lock out, but on this style of ride its not been an issue tbh. If you can get a Five out in the US i'd go for it! Fives are obviously fairly common here but i'd take this over a Cruz, Trek, Specialized alternative! I'm emigrating in the next year and the Fives coming with me ;)

theredchili":1df75x27 said:
Love the Mavericks , fancy a pair myself but harder to find as I think they have stopped making them

I'm sure i read not long after buying mine they'd gone bust? Not 100% sure but you can pick them up for next to nothing now! They really are good forks!!!

There's been a few spec changes...
I've the Thomson layback on her...
Syncros wider XC bars
Crank Bros Candy pedals (i kept falling out of the eggbeaters!)

Will take some pictures and post up when i get a chance :)

20097FE1-060D-42AE-9D2D-055683611ECB-2179-00000081B0636981.jpg

CC0E1BC1-D6F2-4A5E-8491-B111B2F843EC-2179-00000081A9B3B580.jpg

Need to get out and play on her soon!!!

Back